Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade in model 3 sr+ for model 3 lr awd

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Doesn’t SR+ have the same sound system as a LR model? Also, is it not possible to do 3rd party upgrades to the audio?

If you need the range then get a LR. I can’t drive anything less than 310miles since you never charge to full or drain to 0, I need 220-250 usable range. If you don’t need then stay with the SR+.

Reactions: mswlogo
i should've bought a MR/LR RWD initially but ultimately ends up with SR+ due to various reasons (not going to say those reason again because i rant it for a long time already), i feels like XXXXed up too from time to time, but i'm not gonna sell this since the lost of depreciation is just too great and so far i've found zero scenario that i needs LR range compare to SR+.

My plan is after 2-3 years if this model 3 thing is still grow inside me, i will go ahead buy another LR AWD/RWD in the second hand market and this black Piece of XXXX SR+ will be robotaxi and breadwinner for the family (lol)

i should've bought a MR/LR RWD initially but ultimately ends up with SR+ due to various reasons (not going to say those reason again because i rant it for a long time already), i feels like XXXXed up too from time to time, but i'm not gonna sell this since the lost of depreciation is just too great and so far i've found zero scenario that i needs LR range compare to SR+.

My plan is after 2-3 years if this model 3 thing is still grow inside me, i will go ahead buy another LR AWD/RWD in the second hand market and this black Piece of XXXX SR+ will be robotaxi and breadwinner for the family (lol)
This is my plan too. And in 2-3 years I’m sure there will be some nice updates to the model 3 lineup anyway

Doesn’t SR+ have the same sound system as a LR model? Also, is it not possible to do 3rd party upgrades to the audio?

If you need the range then get a LR. I can’t drive anything less than 310miles since you never charge to full or drain to 0, I need 220-250 usable range. If you don’t need then stay with the SR+.
Not the same sound system

They aren’t the same. No sub or pillar speakers. Is there a way to contact sales via email so I can figure out what I’m lookinh at? If it’s only like 75/month difference in payments I’d do it, but I need to know hard numbers

damn seeing all these complaints about people wanting to downgrade their SR+ I thought I was the only one wished I got a LR instead. yup I f**** up too, financially it doesn't make sense to trade in for a LR, I guess I will just have to wait.

Gonna loose all your government fees and delivery charge, depreciation on a fresh new car, new buyer going to want to recover your tax credit plus any state or local utility discounts.

Changing your mind the day before delivery is not so bad, but changing the day after is substantial.

Agree YOLO. The used market for Model 3 is pretty stout right now.