Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade in model 3 sr+ for model 3 lr awd

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ha well it’s not quite that bad. The AWD is faster than the official 4.5 0 to 60.

Not sure if seen very good Food estimates HP of the AWD.

Some folks have measured P faster than official as well. Don’t know the best times recorded of each (or if changing wheels counts) I just use apples to apples official numbers.

Hi, after a month with my SR+ I realized the same mistake also. Always go for battery size first! Went on a trip with a couple of friends in two cars. I had to stop once to charge and had range anxiety during the last 50 miles of the trip hoping I was going to make it. The Tesla planner was off by about 20%, I'm glad I charged longer than recommended.

Just out of curiosity, I asked for a trade in value from Tesla and they came in at $31k LOL. Spent ~$47k on the vehicle (White paint, FSD)

The sheer rush of purchasing a Tesla didn't allow me to think it through, I was eying this car the last 10 months waiting for my lease on my previous vehicle to end.

I still love the car though, just wish I would have planned it through instead of another impulse buy.

Some folks have measured P faster than official as well. Don’t know the best times recorded of each (or if changing wheels counts) I just use apples to apples official numbers.

Of course, but the P numbers are with roll out and the 5% "performance enhancement. The AWD numbers don't include roll out or any 5% performance enhancement. BOTH are faster than the quoted performance which is GREAT.

Reactions: Bluedogger
Here in Canada, there’s a huge gap in price from the SR+ RWD to the LR AWD. It makes you lose the federal incentive so it’s a +- $21K CAD jump.... that converts to a little over $16K USD.
For that reason i’ll never have the regret of not going for the LR AWD :D

It's a $10K difference here... I don't need AWD where I live. I would not care if it were included for free but it's not anything I am interested in paying for. Aside from that I have to ask myself if 70 extras miles of range is worth $10K and my answer is an instant NO....

I don't take long trips often and when I do I'd just have to stop once or twice more to charge than if I had a LR.... No big deal to me as I'd rather have the $10K....

If someone lives in an area where AWD is beneficial then buying it makes sense... If not, I personally don't see the need to spend $10K for 70 extra miles of range...

Strange thread.... I must be the only person happy with my SR+... To each their own I suppose..

You are not alone...I absolutely love my SR+
After owning mine for a month, I have never had any range anxiety whatsoever and the power delivery is smooth and quick. I wake up every morning with a full "tank" and the efficiency is amazing. I am averaging 198 KWh for the life of the car.
I have driven my friends LR AWD and just don't see a $10K delta in the two cars, especially for my use case.
I paid cash for mine and after the CO tax credit and the Federal tax credit, I am out of pocket $36.5K for a beautiful Tesla that is visually identical to the LR AWD.

Needless to say, I am thrilled with the car.

You are not alone...I absolutely love my SR+
After owning mine for a month, I have never had any range anxiety whatsoever and the power delivery is smooth and quick. I wake up every morning with a full "tank" and the efficiency is amazing. I am averaging 198 KWh for the life of the car.
I have driven my friends LR AWD and just don't see a $10K delta in the two cars, especially for my use case.
I paid cash for mine and after the CO tax credit and the Federal tax credit, I am out of pocket $36.5K for a beautiful Tesla that is visually identical to the LR AWD.

Needless to say, I am thrilled with the car.
I’m guessing you haven’t gone on a long trip yet. I have a LR RWD and even with it, if you stay with traffic on a long drive your range is dramatically hit.

I’m guessing you haven’t gone on a long trip yet. I have a LR RWD and even with it, if you stay with traffic on a long drive your range is dramatically hit.

So in your opinion the extra 70 miles of range is worth $10K?

Superchargers are everywhere.... If we both go on a 1,000 mile trip I'd need to charge 2 more times than you.. If someone needs AWD because of where they live then cool but 70 extra miles per charge does not even come close to making sense to me @ the $10K add on price...

If I could have bought a LR without AWD and that was a $3K add then maybe I would have done so...

$10K for 70 extra miles? Nope all day long and twice on Sunday....

Reactions: SaddleSC
So in your opinion the extra 70 miles of range is worth $10K?

Superchargers are everywhere.... If we both go on a 1,000 mile trip I'd need to charge 2 more times than you.. If someone needs AWD because of where they live then cool but 70 extra miles per charge does not even come close to making sense to me @ the $10K add on price...

If I could have bought a LR without AWD and that was a $3K add then maybe I would have done so...

$10K for 70 extra miles? Nope all day long and twice on Sunday....
Well the $10k gets you more than just 70 miles.

Also, I’ve done several trips where the SR+ wouldn’t have been able to do it...without driving significantly slower or stoping at an RV park.

I’ve driven close to 4 hours at 65-70 mph, where there were no chargers. The LR is the only option to do that.

Reactions: JBT66