Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade in offer on my 2021 Model Y Lower than I expected

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why would someone pay $15-25k to "upgrade" from a 2021 to a 2023? Surely none of the changes are worth even $5k?

I don't get it. Please help me understand?

efbaeded-b58e-496b-95f1-4579a106e347_text.gif

I had same issue selling my 2021 MY with 23k miles. I went to every online site there is and all were laughably low lowest being 25k. I then started calling local dealerships and after a few the best offer I got was 42k. I wish I could tell the future because I could have sold it for 60k plus just a few months ago.
Just for the future, anytime your depreciating asset is worth more than when you bought it, that’s the time to sell…

Reactions: zoomer0056
Why would someone pay $15-25k to "upgrade" from a 2021 to a 2023? Surely none of the changes are worth even $5k?

I don't get it. Please help me understand?
Stranger things have happened. I saw a story where someone tried to trade in a 2022 Kia Telluride for a 2023 I forget what it was. They were 36k upside down on the Kia most likely due to rolling negative equity from the previous car.

People get excited and don't think about the financials implications.

The fact the removed USS is enough to keep me from buying a 3 or Y now. My wife would have destroyed our old Y or current 3 & S if it didn't have those parking sensors. They are a life (bumper) saver that have paid for themselves so many times over I would have last count if I was tracking it.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
The fact the removed USS is enough to keep me from buying a 3 or Y now. My wife would have destroyed our old Y or current 3 & S if it didn't have those parking sensors. They are a life (bumper) saver that have paid for themselves so many times over I would have last count if I was tracking it.
The key to this is to not replace the bumper(s)

Just got the trade in offer from Tesla on my 2021 Model Y with 18,600 miles and I absolutely babied it. The offer was 29,200. Brand new tires and always hand washed only. Is this offer in line with what others are getting at this time? It seems crazy low to me. Oh well, I will have to sell private party now as I upgrade to a 2023 Model Y. View attachment 902373
I'd be interested in buying this - can you send me a PM?