Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade in offer on my 2021 Model Y Lower than I expected

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the trade in offer from Tesla on my 2021 Model Y with 18,600 miles and I absolutely babied it. The offer was 29,200. Brand new tires and always hand washed only. Is this offer in line with what others are getting at this time? It seems crazy low to me. Oh well, I will have to sell private party now as I upgrade to a 2023 Model Y.
PXL_20220712_223330165.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
For whatever it's worth, dealers and wholesalers absolutely don't care if the car was babied and hand washed. They mostly don't care about service records, aftermarket parts, or replacement items like new tires...at least not enough to significantly affect the price. I specifically traded to a dealer because they don't care about these things, and make the process as quick/simple as possible (even if that comes at a cost). They'll focus on the year, mileage, and going market rate above all else.

You'll never get top dollar unless you go individual private sale (and even then, it's hit or miss these days). You'll also probably need to invest more time and effort into private sales, so keep in mind the value of your time as well.