Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade in values for performance model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone get trade in estimates for the P3D? I have a P3D- and am fighting a DV claim. Carmax offered me $47k at 5000 miles and 5 maths of age.
Just wrapped up my case. I would recommend getting a DV appraisal from Petty Deals. They provide a bunch of additional information on how the process works and what to do, including request letter samples. The report stood up in court too.

Why would you trade in your car to CarMax? That seems like a generous offer from them.

Paint and/or white interior can add $3,000 to the cost. FSD can add $8K to the cost. OP did not give specifics so it’s hard to know how far off the Carmax estimate is. I do know that Carmax is generally not familiar with Teslas and does not know how to appropriately value the different AP/EAP/FSD variations out there.

Reactions: SammichLover
Paint and/or white interior can add $3,000 to the cost. FSD can add $8K to the cost. OP did not give specifics so it’s hard to know how far off the Carmax estimate is. I do know that Carmax is generally not familiar with Teslas and does not know how to appropriately value the different AP/EAP/FSD variations out there.
I paid $76k before fed tax credit and tesla price cut refunds. Its a fully loaded P3D-

Just wrapped up my case. I would recommend getting a DV appraisal from Petty Deals. They provide a bunch of additional information on how the process works and what to do, including request letter samples. The report stood up in court too.
I got a DV report from Autoloss. They could only find 2 comparables because the P3D resale market is supply constrained. Dont think t will do anything against insurance. Insurance offer me $2500 and DV report is like $15k/20% of the car. Repairs were $7800.