Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trading in 2018 Model 3 LR AWD for 2016 Model X P90D...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK so I currently have a 2018 Model 3 LR AWD with about 32k miles on it without FSD. I owe ~$31k on the car but the trade in is ~$35k. Ive always wanted a Model X due to it being the largest car Tesla makes and all of the unique features it possesses. So I came across a 2016 P90D Model X with ~45k miles on it for $55k. Its for sale from a Honda dealership and the car has 2 open recalls. The recalls are the eMMC controller and the bolts from the steering assist motor. Tesla should be able to fix both issues if I do decide to purchase the vehicle. Please correct me I'm wrong about these recalls! The car has premium 22 wheels, all white premium interior with the 6 seats option. The million dollar question is, do I pull the trigger on this or do I save myself the headache and avoid this car?

Reactions: Aaron14902
So this model s P100D that I’m now one step close to buying is AP2.5. Not sure how’s that’s possible since it’s 2017 unless the previous owner upgraded. I was the under the impression it had AP2.0. The car has a lemon/manufacturer buyback title. The dealership is still waiting to hear back down Tesla to know what’s wrong. But for $60k I think I’m gonna trade in my 3 for this.

Upvote 0
So this model s P100D that I’m now one step close to buying is AP2.5. Not sure how’s that’s possible since it’s 2017 unless the previous owner upgraded.
AP2.5 was introduced in August 2017. It had new RCCB cameras, a block of e-fuses, second canbus input on AP unit, steering rack with new redundant wiring connections and a different front radar (Bosch, 525 ft range vs. Continental, 558 ft range).

Non of these items (except for the cameras) are owner upgradable, so that P100D you are looking at, was built on August 2017 or later.

Upvote 0