Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

trading

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Feels like some people must've taken profits on their options, hence $940 -> $910? Can't imagine too many sellers of shares are materializing all of a sudden. I really think this might be driven for a large part by the options market and delta hedging.

EPoAdW7WoAAm585

At this point I think the best source of information for discovering this top for TSLA is to look for a bottom in the short interest graph.
Sorry, for not seeing the obvious that you're pointing out. :) What is the bottom in the short interest graph? I missed the rise at $440, but I still want to get in but its kinda high now. Trying to determine if it will drop again soon in the next couple of quarters or perhaps I have completely missed the boat on this meteoric stock.

Sorry, for not seeing the obvious that you're pointing out. :) What is the bottom in the short interest graph? I missed the rise at $440, but I still want to get in but its kinda high now. Trying to determine if it will drop again soon in the next couple of quarters or perhaps I have completely missed the boat on this meteoric stock.

I don't know :( It looks like after today SI will have broken through all time lows since late 2015. S3 doesn't have data from before then. Might be able to go back and reference the NASDAQ short interest reports, but that wouldn't give any day to day resolution. It is so difficult to predict in this sort of situation.

There have been a lot more longs buying this time around compared to the last time we had a large decrease in short interest.

need some advice....

have 116 TSLA shares I've accumulated over last 3 years that I intend to hold for 5+ years and also 20 2/28 1000 calls now up $180k and 13 3/20 1000c up ~140k that I bought a couple weeks for $8k total about pre-earnings to play a possible squeeze.

trying to figure out my strategy from here, if it matters i'm young and jobless, tryna figure out my next path here in terms of long term gains and minimizing the tax hit and setting up my future

Reactions: abasile
If the market opens around this price ($850-$870), I'll probably buy a small amount of calls expiring next Friday.

I don't trade much short term, but this morning was too obviously a manipulation imo, so I went ahead and bought a tiny amount of:

-$950s expiring this week @ $6,50
-$1000s expiring next week @ $16.33

So far so good.

Last edited:
I don't trade much short term, but this morning was too obviously a manipulation imo, so I went ahead and bought a tiny amount of:

-$950s expiring this week @ $6,50
-$1000s expiring next week @ $16.33

So far so good.
Ballsy move.

I've told myself not to trade today as to avoid catching a falling knife. Mid $600's is where I see a secure foothold since that was the post ER point without margin calls.

So if it goes to $650 I'm adding calls.

• Informative
Reactions: ev-enthusiast
Ballsy move.

I've told myself not to trade today as to avoid catching a falling knife. Mid $600's is where I see a secure foothold since that was the post ER point without margin calls.

I wouldn't have done so if it seemed like a natural pullback/halt of the rise, but it seemed too similar to the "unintended acceleration" day, and orchestrated by somebody.

Macros aren't helping so far, but it's only a very tiny bet, so it doesn't really matter if it doesn't work out. If it's still in $750-800 region, I might buy another very small amount of $950 or $1000 strike calls expiring next week.

Also funny how little I'm down so far, even though SP dropped by $50 since I bought them. Implied Volatility really is absurd right now. I'm basically even still on the $1000s expiring next week.

• Informative
Reactions: ev-enthusiast
Ballsy move.

$640-$650 or so would fill one now pretty obvious candle anyway. I don’t feel so bad now for missing out on a lot of gains yesterday and taking only a meager profit.

I bought NIO yesterday after that and sitting on a small loss there but the medium term graph appears promising.

Medium term TSLA is anyone’s guess. Q1 deliveries+financials worry me, whereas battery day excites me.