Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Transfer of Unlimited Supercharging if car is totaled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It became a non-issue because they offered the $5k refund, which I took. The car was repaired and I made a Diminished Value claim against the at-fault driver, which was paid by their insurance.

How much effort did you have to make to get that DV payout? I'm still curious how many companies are having attitudes of "here you go, have a nice day" vs. "you'll have to take us to court".

How much effort did you have to make to get that DV payout? I'm still curious how many companies are having attitudes of "here you go, have a nice day" vs. "you'll have to take us to court".
I'm in California. They didn't argue against DV in principle, but we did have tough discussions on the amount. Tesla's price changes at the time also brought some complexity. My recommendation is to use a 3rd party DV estimator. It makes your position more supportable if you do have to end up in a legal battle. And if you're in a jurisdiction with high amounts available in small claims, this also makes the insurer more willing to settle.