Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Transferring Model 3 Reservation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just spoke with TESLA you can configure, and transfer it to an immediate nuclear family member... so when you you start the registration you can put parent, sibling, child. Not grand parent or uncle etc...

Just spoke with TESLA you can configure, and transfer it to an immediate nuclear family member... so when you you start the registration you can put parent, sibling, child. Not grand parent or uncle etc...

Interesting. I believe it was back in August, but I asked them the same question. Child to Parent. Nuclear family. I submitted the question to their website, and within about 2 minutes, I got a call from a CS rep. The answer (at that time) was a definite "No". And that the "special circumstances" and "written permission" was supposed to be for rare situations such as the res holder passing away and it going to a family member (his example). I said it was same last name, can be same address used, same delivery destination if they needed it to be, both parties able to be there to sign and show ID. Answer was still a firm "No", at that time anyways.

Wonder if things have changed or if Tesla reps just don't know for sure and are making things up. I was told, by Tesla staff when I made the initial reservations in store, that nuclear family could get the transfer, but that was back in 2016 and obviously a long time ago.