Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Transparent car image when in Ludicrous+ mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else noticed the transparent Tesla image when in Ludicrous+ mode? I was doing some launch runs to get a verified Dragy run under 3 seconds (I managed to get a 2.95s 0-60 :)) and I noticed the car image in the IC was transparent (sorry for the blurry pics). I've seen this once before (though I missed taking a pic), when I was doing a lot of back-to-back launches a while ago, and at that time, one of the motors had turned red, which I think indicates that the motor has over heated. During this most recent session, though, I never saw the motors turn red. Interesting.

IMG_7320.jpg

IMG_7321.jpg

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
Is it typical for your car to run just under 3 seconds?

My understanding is Dragy is a "no roll out" number?

So an equivalent magazine time would be 2.95 - .3ish = 2.65ish?

I thought magazines were getting 2.3ish with a rollout on ludicrous+?

What tires do you have on those 21's?

EDIT: I see your SOC was 64%.

Is it typical for your car to run just under 3 seconds?

My understanding is Dragy is a "no roll out" number?

So an equivalent magazine time would be 2.95 - .3ish = 2.65ish?

I thought magazines were getting 2.3ish with a rollout on ludicrous+?

What tires do you have on those 21's?

EDIT: I see your SOC was 64%.
Yes, it's a "no roll out" number, so the "magazine" time would be slightly less as indicated. Actually it's not easy to get under 3 seconds routinely (at least for me). The battery has to be fully warmed up, and you need to have a full charge to get maximum power. The ideal scenario is to have a near-warm battery, then top off at a Supercharger, then do the launch runs.
Also with the big 21" wheels (relatively heavy Vossen HF-1s), and the Michelin Pilot Super Sports, the time will be slightly slower. I have 245 9.5" on the front, and 285 10.5" on the back, so even with the extra ground contact, I'm paying the price in added weight. Someday I may have to bite the bullet and go for the lighter fully forged wheels. ;)

Reactions: Ludalicious
Yes, it's a "no roll out" number, so the "magazine" time would be slightly less as indicated. Actually it's not easy to get under 3 seconds routinely (at least for me). The battery has to be fully warmed up, and you need to have a full charge to get maximum power. The ideal scenario is to have a near-warm battery, then top off at a Supercharger, then do the launch runs.
Also with the big 21" wheels (relatively heavy Vossen HF-1s), and the Michelin Pilot Super Sports, the time will be slightly slower. I have 245 9.5" on the front, and 285 10.5" on the back, so even with the extra ground contact, I'm paying the price in added weight. Someday I may have to bite the bullet and go for the lighter fully forged wheels. ;)

I can consistently run 2s 80% battery level and up. Have you ever done a 1/4 mile in it? I know a guy that has heavier aftermarket wheel on his and has never cracked into the 10's with it. Also read one review that were only running mid to high 11s with their P100D. Here is one of my runs with aftermarket wheels. But they are much light than the stock.

Tesla Model S P100D drag races Dodge Challenger SRT 392 in 1/4-mile battle

Also is your number with launch control enabled?

Has anyone else noticed the transparent Tesla image when in Ludicrous+ mode? I was doing some launch runs to get a verified Dragy run under 3 seconds (I managed to get a 2.95s 0-60 :)) and I noticed the car image in the IC was transparent (sorry for the blurry pics). I've seen this once before (though I missed taking a pic), when I was doing a lot of back-to-back launches a while ago, and at that time, one of the motors had turned red, which I think indicates that the motor has over heated. During this most recent session, though, I never saw the motors turn red. Interesting.

View attachment 321279
View attachment 321280

I’ve certainly never seen this, but I also don’t have a car with ludicrous+ ;)

What’s on the left hand side of the ic?

I can consistently run 2s 80% battery level and up. Have you ever done a 1/4 mile in it? I know a guy that has heavier aftermarket wheel on his and has never cracked into the 10's with it. Also read one review that were only running mid to high 11s with their P100D. Here is one of my runs with aftermarket wheels. But they are much light than the stock.

Nice work against the SRT! Yes, the runs I've been making have been with launch control, but haven't had the luxury of a nice track. I need to try that some time. I'm guessing it's more effective than an empty street in the middle of nowhere. Dragy will track 1/4 mile runs too. I just need to find a much longer street and I'll give it a try. :)

Last edited:
I’ve certainly never seen this, but I also don’t have a car with ludicrous+ ;)

What’s on the left hand side of the ic?
When you enable the Ludicrous+ easter egg, the energy display on the right shows the temperature of the battery (the pink bar that goes from 20C to 50C). It's at ideal temp at 50C. Then when you use the launch mode, the left display changes to info that shows the peak battery kW draw, front and rear motor kW draw, and the longitudinal acceleration.

When you enable the Ludicrous+ easter egg, the energy display on the right shows the temperature of the battery (the pink bar that goes from 20C to 50C). It's at ideal temp at 50C. Then when you use the launch mode, the left display changes to info that shows the peak battery kW draw, front and rear motor kW draw, and the longitudinal acceleration.

Very cool! I want it 8)

• Informative
Reactions: SpudLime

I was able to get a 10.912sec @122.34mph on the 1/4 Mile at Sac Raceway. And that was at around 96% SOC. Sac Raceway doesn't have a great track, and I'm told that's the best P100D run so far to date.

Model S P100D with the 21" Arachnid Wheels here.

I was able to get a 10.912sec @122.34mph on the 1/4 Mile at Sac Raceway. And that was at around 96% SOC. Sac Raceway doesn't have a great track, and I'm told that's the best P100D run so far to date.

Model S P100D with the 21" Arachnid Wheels here.

Nice. I also have the 19s and have noticed people running the lower mid 10s are on those wheels. I am running 285s in the rear and 245s up front and still in the 10s. They have allot more contact on the road but the lighter rims offset the difference I have noticed. I assume the tire and wheel combo of the original poster is hurting his time drastically.

Nice work against the SRT! Yes, the runs I've been making have been with launch control, but haven't had the luxury of a nice track. I need to try that some time. I'm guessing it's more effective than an empty street in the middle of nowhere. Dragy will track 1/4 mile runs too. I just need to find a much longer street and I'll give it a try. :)

Also you need to be atleast 80% of charge to take full advantage.

Tesla lists it at 2.9 on their site, presumably with rollout, so 3.2 with dragy would be right near that.

you know I may be wrong - in the past tesla has listed their performance cars with rollout figured into their 0-60, and non-p cars w/o rollout.

But I notice the Model S is listed at 2.5s to 60...which I think it actually hits with Ludicrous+? And model 3 performance is now listed w/o rollout....so maybe the model X 2.9 is what it should hit on Dragy? Honestly who knows. They're all fast as sh**.

• Love
With launch control I have consistently hit in the 2s, best run 2.5, best quarter mile 10.6 (in my car). With out launch control all the way to 50% SOC I get 2s with just flooring off the line 2.7-2.9 (all the above numbers where with the stock set up of staggered tires 245/35/21 and 265/35/21, I have just replaced tires for the same Michelin Super Sports. Kept the front the same and switched to 285/30/21 in the rear. I will test all the numbers again to see the differences.) I use a VBOX to verify. My best ever 0-60 was with a loaner when my car was in service at 2.45 (it was in valet mode and restricted to 85mph so I couldn't get a 1/4). Yes, I have the transparent car as well :)

• Love