Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Transparent Roadster Top

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mr. Fiat gets a cheaper price than do we. And he told me that if one is willing to wait for the occasional promo that Maurizio does, he can get better prices and pass savings along. He cut off $100 each from our order for the group buy.

On Monday I will ask Maurizio also info about the occasional promo.
Anyway I remember that Maurizio told me that the prices that are mentioned here:

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/7560-Clear-hardtop-on-EBay/page8

are already discounted.

Last edited:
Well ..... My rain test with the new top was outstanding!!
Rained last few days and then the sun came out today so .... Guess what .... I washed #992! Sprayed water all along the edges to see if it was water tight. Better than my Tesla hardtop which leaks on passenger side!

NO leaks at all... Fit is great .... Had to redesign the passengers side clip to fit my tesla hard top bracket but that was easy.
I put it on just to check it out because I use the mesh top in summer also .... BUT ...... I think I will leave it on a little longer and keep the windows open ... Or AC on ... The top is a work of art!!!

Is there anywhere to still buy these online? The ebay link from the manufacturer website is dead. Also how much work does it take to get a decent fit? I don't have many tools and aren't that handy with them.

Is there anywhere to still buy these online? The ebay link from the manufacturer website is dead. Also how much work does it take to get a decent fit? I don't have many tools and aren't that handy with them.

As I said above tomorrow I will call Maurizio and give you the instructions to buy on line the top. For what is concerning the fit of the top on the Roadster Maurizio gives a key together with the top with the recommendation to use only that key to mount the top and NOT OTHER KEYS. By using other keys there is the danger to break the top.

As I said above tomorrow I will call Maurizio and give you the instructions to buy on line the top. For what is concerning the fit of the top on the Roadster Maurizio gives a key together with the top with the recommendation to use only that key to mount the top and NOT OTHER KEYS. By using other keys there is the danger to break the top.

Cool, thanks. Does it come with brackets or does one need the parts from a Tesla hard-top kit?

No adjustments were needed on my top. It fits perfectly. You can either buy direct from Italy as Raffy has indicated or go to the M. Fiat website and David will handle it for you. It is within $100 or so of the same price once you consider the customs. With our group buy it ended up a little cheaper and no customs issues, given that Mr. Fiat gets a cheaper price than do we, so even with no group buy his markup ends up at almost the same price as Maurizio direct. And you can pay by credit card.

Last edited:
My top from them fit fine, with no modification necessary. I only had a soft top previously. The clear top fits to the existing Tesla brackets. Their tool has a cover over the small end of the Allen wrench so you can't use it in the high-leverage position. My problem with their tool was that it was too long and the other end would bump into the seat belt bracket while tightening the rear brackets. I used my own shorter 5mm wrench but still using only the low-leverage end.
It is a beautiful top, just what you might expect from anything Italian.

michael

This is such a great thread. I had been looking at these tops for a year or so. So happy that folks are getting them and we have a feedback loop now. As someone said earlier: this was the top that was meant to be with the roadster. The way that it fits in front of the CF roll bar perfectly flush. . . The look from the inside and out. Just awesome.

If/when I get a Roadster of my own, this will be the first mod that I make.

Thanks so much for all the fantastic pictures. And all the great comments. And the details that it took to install and remove. This is what a great community looks like.

Awesome all around.

It sounds like the installation of the glass top is somewhat similar to the hard top. If so that would mean that once you install the glass top you would leave it on for a while. Is that right or can you easily put the top on and off every day depending on the weather? Phrased another way, is it more like the hard top or the soft top?

I have the CF hard top and can put it on and take it off myself....but it isn't as fast as the soft top.

I imagine since you have to tighten the locking bolts down that it's more like the hardtop.

Because its smaller .... it is lighter. One person can easily put it on and off. it only require hand tightening with the SPECIAL tool....... Do not use a traditional Allen wrench unless you use light pressure. It is easier then the hard top and harder that the soft top. Yes, you could put it on and off depending on the weather especially if you leave leave the rear bolt cover off.

But..............

Once you put it on and drive for awhile you may never want to take it off. I put mine on to check it out when I got it. It is top down weather in MD so I had a great storage place closely nuzzled in my hard top bag all laid out. That was several weeks ago and I still haven't taken it off!!!

Note: I had to tighten down the passenger side front screw after a long drive on a pretty bumpy road. I keep the SPECIAL tool in the glove box now. It WAS NOT a problem ...... Just started rattling a little and I checked it to find I could move it with my fingers. I retightened it by hand and all is well.

Once you put it on and drive for awhile you may never want to take it off. I put mine on to check it out when I got it. It is top down weather in MD so I had a great storage place closely nuzzled in my hard top bag all laid out. That was several weeks ago and I still haven't taken it off!!!

Note: I had to tighten down the passenger side front screw after a long drive on a pretty bumpy road. I keep the SPECIAL tool in the glove box now. It WAS NOT a problem ...... Just started rattling a little and I checked it to find I could move it with my fingers. I retightened it by hand and all is well.

I earnestly agree. I put it on to test the fit and haven't taken it off since.

I had the opposite issue on fit. I tightened it a bit too tight and after a week or so it cricked a bit when in motion, so I loosened the allen bolt at that location and all was well.

I never posted my installed photos in this thread, only the group buy thread. Here how sexy it looks on a black Roadster!

glasstop.jpg