Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trial of Autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else’s trial end early? Mine was started March 27 and said I had 60 days. Got in the car this morning and now it tells me to purchase. A little confused, and not sure if prices are going to be going up for me or not (they’ve changed multiple times in my account over the last month).

Reached out to see what’s going on, wondering if anyone else has experienced the same.

Did you have your AP trial immediately after taking delivery, or did it take a few days? When I took delivery, the rep stated that I would get a trial and it would be delivered over-the-air, but it's been 5 days and I've received the latest update - 12.1.2.

My trial showed up the next morning after delivery.

Btw my trial ended after 40 days exactly, even though it said it was good for 60 days.

My two week trial ended today on schedule (no 60 days here). This is the second trial period for this one year old 3. AP has stayed the same at $3000 but FSD was recently decreased to $5,500 from $7000 then went to $6,500 with the recent overall price increase and has not again changed yet.

Anyone else’s trial end early? Mine was started March 27 and said I had 60 days. Got in the car this morning and now it tells me to purchase. A little confused, and not sure if prices are going to be going up for me or not (they’ve changed multiple times in my account over the last month).

Reached out to see what’s going on, wondering if anyone else has experienced the same.

Ours started around the 30th of March. Just checked when I got home and it says we got 23 days left. It also updated a few days ago and became a FSD trial instead of an AP trial.

so you didn't have NoA or summoning for about a month?

My free trial started on 4/1 or 4/2 with AP+FSD.
It has passed 30 days and it is still continuing.

It's always had the same features in the trial, which are effectively EAP, but clicking on the trial in the car it no longer calls itself "Autopilot trial" it's called "Full self driving capability trial."

Took delivery of my car on April 23, still haven't received my free trial nor any software updates (still on 8.5). Who do I need to contact?

I doubt anyone would be able to support. Make sure your car is connected to Wifi when parked and be patient. Software updates roll out at Tesla’s discretion.

EDIT to not sound like a jerk:
You could always call support however I doubt they would push an update to your car unless necessary. I know I got 2019.12.1 and then a day later got 2019.12.1.2. With 2019.16 out there who knows what the priority is for pushing specific updates that aren’t the latest.

What's going on? Do we have FSD trials coming? I bought the base AP in early March when it was on sale for $2000, and I am currently on 12.1.2, will I have a FSD trial after I get the newer 16.something or 18.something update?

I'd just as soon wait a couple months for a FSD trial, give them time to get it a little more tuned and make the best impression possible.

What's going on? Do we have FSD trials coming? I bought the base AP in early March when it was on sale for $2000, and I am currently on 12.1.2, will I have a FSD trial after I get the newer 16.something or 18.something update?

I'd just as soon wait a couple months for a FSD trial, give them time to get it a little more tuned and make the best impression possible.
Hmmm. I thought Tesla would offer free trial to everyone for marketing purposes as soon as the owner takes delivery. I guess not.

No trial of AP or FSD here. Took delivery 4/19, was promised AP but did not receive it (removed prior to delivery).

On that note, has anyone with a HW3 car received a trial of either AP or FSD that did not purchase those options since their car was delivered?

Might want to take a photo of your trial page @Leafdriver333 . Yesterday, 23 days of the trial left. Today, gone. I'm going to email service and see if I can get another trial.

Please update on the outcome. When I called in they only referenced a 14 day trial. Disappointing if the plan was to purchase at the reduced rate and the price goes up earlier than expected (or more than it already has).