Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trick for getting Slacker unstuck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ORB

Jun 22, 2012
Hello all,

I discovered a while back that when Slacker shows the "spinning icon" that I can get it unstuck by going back to the Slacker browser screen and selecting a song from another artist within my customized playlists (I'm a Slacker Premium subscriber). After that new song starts I can go back and select the original song that was stuck and it will start playing. I've done this many times even with a strong 3G signal. My S/W rev. is 5.8.8 (1.49.90).

This is a cumbersome and annoying solution, but interesting in that it suggests (to me) that the problem is not the 3G connectivity but rather with either Slacker's OEM app for Tesla or with Slacker's servers themselves. I wonder whether the same problem (and workaround) occurs when using Slacker on other platforms ( I've not run into this latter situation yet)?

Comments or feedback is welcome.

Oliver in Sunnyvale, CA

I experienced this today and tried the switching Slacker "stations" trick to no avail. In my case this was almost certainly related to some 3G connectivity issue because I noticed that the navigation data (street names and traffic) were not updating and the album art from my USB music collection was not being displayed. The data issue is likely due to parking three levels underground and a lazy reconnect scheme. This eventually resolved itself after I got home and the car connected to my wi-fi before heading back out to pick up dinner. I'm also on 5.8.8.

I see a lot of slacker problems but this one hits me infrequently. It does seem to be related to poor connectivity, though. Switch to a different station or previous search fixes it.

I've seen this problem with most versions of the firmware.