TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Trunk footwell mat. HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Alysashley79, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Alysashley79

Alysashley79 Member

We purchased the footwell mat from tesla the plastic one but it's well a piece of crap! It doesn't stay in place and keeps curling up. My kids are fighting it and I, fighting it. I want it to keep the carpet pristine under it and dry. What is everyone else with kids using the jump seats doing? Help!
    Thanks!

2. neroden

neroden Happy Model S Owner

Ah. The problem here is that it is shipped "rolled up".

I set mine flat on a warm floor and put weights on it (books mostly) to get it to "settle". After a day or two, it'll be flat, and then it will fit snug.

Same problem with all of the other winter mats (frunk, trunk, front seats, back seats). All of them except the driver's side front fit very snug IF they are allowed to spend a day or two "flattening out" in a warm house, after arriving rolled up in the shipping container.

3. markb1

markb1 Active Member

Mine just flattened out on it's own pretty quickly. But that's a good theory about temperature. Pretty cold most places right now.

4. lloyds

lloyds Member

Roll it the other way and let it sit in the sun. It will flatten out