Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trying to get Summon Mode - am I missing something?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I purchased, I drove and was shown a MX that had auto-lane change, summon and park assist. Mine does not. I'm specifically interested in Summon. I still don't have any of these available on my vehicle. Do others have these features and if so what SW version are you driving? How can I get these features (if it is within my power at all?) Is the information out there and I have missed it?

Thanks.

Phil

Model X (May 2019) 2019.20.4.3

When I purchased, I drove and was shown a MX that had auto-lane change, summon and park assist. Mine does not. I'm specifically interested in Summon. I still don't have any of these available on my vehicle. Do others have these features and if so what SW version are you driving? How can I get these features (if it is within my power at all?) Is the information out there and I have missed it?

Thanks.

Phil

Model X (May 2019) 2019.20.4.3

It's not related a software version, you need to purchase the Full Self Driving package to enable those features. Check your Tesla account.

• Informative
Reactions: boaterva
Enhanced Auto Pilot no longer exist on new deliveries. It’s either autopilot or full self driving. Autopilot is standard on all purchases.

I don't know about new cars, but EAP enabled forward/reverse summons 2 years ago, and I'm doing it every day w/o FSD

Auto-lane changing every day w/o FSD

Maybe your cameras are not calibrated yet?

old |v2019.20.2.1|AP2,MCU1,PUP|
new |v2019.20.4.2|AP2,MCU1,PUP|

Reactions: ARMARM
Thanks everyone, I did pay for and see FSD on the vehicle page. Just not "turned on" I suppose. I have scheduled a service.

I had the same problem. After about 580miles still no autolane change so I called the 1-877 number. A girl picked up the phone and I described what happened. She checked the system showing I did pay for it. She said she would escalate it to the tech team. Probably it was not "configured" out of Fremont factory.

After 3 hours, when I went back to the car after a meeting, the car has that option in the menu.

The gist of the story is: the car is like a computer. If you have an issue, the company guy can somehow remotely enable/disabled things for you. A trip to SC maybe an overkill.

I'm a weird grey zone. I purchase a 2018 MX brand new that has EAP. When you looked at it online before purchase, it should EAP but my order agreement only shows AP. I thought they were the same thing but apparently not. My Vehicle does have EAP but should I be worried they may strip it from the vehicle? I guess I'll reach out to Tesla Support.

UPDATE -

Online Chat with Customer support: my car wasn't configured properly - they will send out a push update for FSD within 1-3 business days. An hour later, I checked and my app and car was updated with all the new features. Summoning away...

Thanks all for the thoughts from folks here. Was more feedback than I was getting via emails to tech support.

Best,

Phil

My MX has the latest Raven Hardware and FSD. The Software Version is v9.0 (2019.20.4.3 57296af). I can use navigation on autopilot. But I don't think that I have enhanced summon. I can only summon locally. This is what I see on my mobile app. I don't have the remote summon icon on top of the car. Is this normal or am I missing something? I also don't see parking assist features.

Photo Jul 09, 8 24 31 AM.png

Hi guys, I have Raven MX as well and I just realized I dont have summon. I had a model S and currently a model 3. They have and had standard summon via the app and fob to just go back and forth. Why is this standard feature gone? I didnt order FSD because I didnt need it but wasnt told that the basic feature of back and forth Summon would not be available too, or am I missing something here?

Hi guys, I have Raven MX as well and I just realized I dont have summon. I had a model S and currently a model 3. They have and had standard summon via the app and fob to just go back and forth. Why is this standard feature gone? I didnt order FSD because I didnt need it but wasnt told that the basic feature of back and forth Summon would not be available too, or am I missing something here?
I believe they have tied FSD to summon knowing well most people use it as I do myself. If you don't buy FSD no summon...