Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The range mention is just another attempt to pump down the stock, the word "range" is one of there main arguments. It works for some people and they know it. But the believers of these stories are just about a few days before being bitten right in the cohonas by something called reality.

The range mention is just another attempt to pump down the stock, the word "range" is one of there main arguments. It works for some people and they know it. But the believers of these stories are just about a few days before being bitten right in the cohonas by something called reality.

Wunderlich securities first gives raving reports after factory visist, sets one of the highest price targets , then all of a sudden, on virtually no facts/solid news what so ever, switch to a sell rating with the lowest price target of all recommendations. This seems fishy? Am I paranoid for thinking this is blunt market manipulation? I will choose to see it as a chance to buy below $30.

Either Steph is right and they are trying to push the stock price down or they're totally clueless and accepting the production "slow-down" without question.

Fortunately for us, we know that the only reason for this "slow-down" is to run through the punch-list from the Founders and the test drives before starting up the production run. I can't wait to see what they change on the final production cars.

I don't believe there is a slowdown. I bet ya that this was planned. And it all makes sense. You build a few dozen cars, give a few to some people who can keep their mouth shut. Then you take a few dozen engineers and send them on the road to observe drivers behaviors for a month to make sure they didn't overlook anything. Fixing little details along the way.

This means, once they deliver the cars, they will be no surprise. They did 5000 test drives and more, it's simply brilliant.

I'm learning a lot from them.

Tesla production estimated to SLOW?? That headline does not make any sense! They have barely started with production, it can only increase from here.

They probably meant SLOW compared to the expected ramp up.

Question is: Whose expectation? There have been a few guesses here and there, but the only official statement was 5.000 in 2012. That could be anything at this point. They could build all 5.000 in december and still not be slower than they promised.

Now we know they have plans for the ramp up of the production process and they are sending out invitations for finalizing the design, signing contracts and such. But these plans were not published.

Looks like a good opportunity to get some stocks at bargain prices.

Wunderlich securities first gives raving reports after factory visist, sets one of the highest price targets , then all of a sudden, on virtually no facts/solid news what so ever, switch to a sell rating with the lowest price target of all recommendations. This seems fishy? Am I paranoid for thinking this is blunt market manipulation? I will choose to see it as a chance to buy below $30.

Don't wait and be greedy. It's time to buy and hold. And hold on to it like it was your baby and some kind of weird animal was looking at it with bad intentions.

Now is not the time to try to time this market. We just don't know when it'll explode, why risk not being there for a few bucks?

There have been so many "buying opportunties" over the last 6 months I'm beyond tapped out of unallocated money.

Same here ;)

And that, ladies and gentlemen is why we don't buy and hold. If you didn't sell anything when the price jumped ~$10, you only have yourself to blame for having no cash to buy more now.

"Sell on the way up buy on the way down." I'm just going to keep saying it...

lol. Indeed. Though, I think it is the people who think that "sell" is a dirty word that are going to make me keep repeating it. Nobody here is a stronger believer in Tesla and Elon than me, but when it comes to my money, I don't get religious about it. Got to stay objective.

EDIT:
To be fair, I did get swept up a bit in this last jump. I sold some at nearly $36 because I saw the rumor that there were delays, and that was on my list of "sell first ask questions later" events, but I didn't sell nearly enough because I got greedy. I then stepped in the next day and bought some of it back because I wanted to believe that the coast was clear (since nothing showed up in the news). I was too early, I didn't realize how much of a lead I had on the mainstream press. This leaves me with less cash than I would like to have now that we are below $30, but at least I have some.

I log every trade I make, and go back to review whether it was right or wrong and if wrong, where I went wrong. While I did the right thing initially here, I wasn't agressive enough selling and goofed up in the aftermath. Probably my biggest misstep of the year. Need to learn from this one.

Last edited:
And that, ladies and gentlemen is why we don't buy and hold. If you didn't sell anything when the price jumped ~$10, you only have yourself to blame for having no cash to buy more now.

"Sell on the way up buy on the way down." I'm just going to keep saying it...

I Agree it was a good ride.

It was.

Selling now would be a horrible timing. This thing is about to explode, how long to wait still? Don't know. But getting out and wait for a dip is too risky at this time, maybe after the surge, but not now.

I said sell on the way up. We are clearly on the way down and I would not advise anyone to sell at this point.

At this point in time, I would advise against selling on the way up until shorts are all gone. We will have gigantic up swings, equivalent downs, impossible to time, we will be off the chart, technicals will mean nothing.

We'll see tomorrow if some of them found the exit.

Status
Not open for further replies.