Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How much is it going to cost me to join your stock Newsletter? :smile:

No, seriously... You've been picking high and lows even more consistently than Bonnies Dogs!

Heh, I don't want that kind of responsibility, but I'll happily share my best guesses here for free.

In the spirit of that: I have been doing some work the last few days, and it is my opinion that we should be pretty safe to hold on until the 200-day average reaches $35. At that point I think we will be over-bought and due for a correction regardless of how good the fundamentals are. I don't know what the price will be when we get there, it depends how quickly the price increases, maybe about $42? I think I'll wait to see $40 and re-evaluate, hopefully things will be clearer then.

Oh, and I did miss the low, I started buying back too soon (my first buy was at $35...way too soon) and my lowest purchase was at about $27.30 (again, too soon). All I did was recognized when we were going to breakout of the funk that the stock has been in.

Oh, and obviously these predictions are done in a vacuum. If Elon gets hit buy a bus before we get to $40 all bets are off.

Tell you the truth I have not been able to bring myself to sell any at any price. And when it dipped into the low 27's I choked and did not get more. Was thinking 26's, oh well.

I could never bring my self to sell 100% of my shares either. I still own most of the shares that I bought at $19 shortly after the IPO. I strongly believe that the key is to have some portion of your shares that you are holding for the long term, and some portion that you are using to try to take advantage of the volatility.

Personally my ratio of long-term shares to "shares I can play with" is 2/3; but maybe a a different split would fit your risk tolerance and investment objectives better.

EDIT:
I guess "ratio" wasn't the right word to use there. To be clear I consider 2/3 of my shares to be "long-term" investments and 1/3 to be for trading.

just listening to corey johnson on bloomberg negative biased and uninformed review he gave!! listen to at 6 pm est time bloomberg west

A few months ago he was claiming Tesla would not have enough money to build up the factory(ries) to the point where they are production ready. That's about to be proven wrong (at least when Tesla starts ramping up). Is that still his criticism, or did he just switch to another doomsday scenario?

4. Conversion of deposits to revenue will improve the balance sheet as it reduces current liabilities! Anybody who spouts like JP must know that Working Capital is calculated by subtracting Current Liabilities from Current Assets; ergo if you reduce your current liabilities your working capital will increase. Take a look at the 10-Q, Part 1., Item 1.

This (and your previous points) seems to amount to what I was saying before, which is that they are trying to create the impression that Tesla is financing itself via reservations. In a sense, one might say, partially that would not be really wrong, but is not a actually a problem since they have enough "assets" (even without drawing the rest of the loan, which they may still do for other reasons or as an *additional* buffer).

Is it correct to say that the Q1 balance sheet already reflects those "issues" by listing the reservations as liabilities, meaning, there are no additional considerations outside of what the balance sheet shows, that would need to be taken account of. (?)

The reservations have already been subtracted, there is no need to do so twice. Just to make it as clear as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.