Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
High Margins. Check
High tech. Check.
High demand for lithium Ion. Check.
Game changer. Check.
Putting competition to shame against all odds. Check.
Under appreciated.. Check.
Ignored as legitimate competition just as rimm did to Apple. CHECK.

Sounds like Apple and Tesla do have a lot on common. Also, both will gain a lot from a decline in the scost of batteries.

I guess GM and Ford are the new RIMM?

Just watched the Bloomberg video on Tesla...much seemed to be based on his "interview" with ONE person who owns a roadster in a parking lot. The girl jumps on be bandwagon, and doesn't seem to really have researched anything, but jumps on what was said by the guy in the parking lot. Kind of reminds me of the Eagles song: "The blond comes on at 5 with a gleam in her eye..." At least he said he talked to TWO people who took test drives and really liked the car. It seemed like they based their opinions on not a lot of research. Plus...they said something to the fact that in 7 years with 100,000 miles the BMW 7 series would have a residual value of $40,000. SORRY.. but I have been driving BMW's since 1984 and love them and presently have one 10 months old, but I have NEVER seen a 7 series that is 7 - 8 years old with 100K miles on it that has anywhere near that residual value. PLEASE Bloomberg be factual, not sensational in your reporting! Here is the link:

http://www.bloomberg.com/video/power-shortage-what-is-tesla-up-against-RSt2UdJ1RSmihKw48vYbFQ.html

Originally the “Smart Money” thought Tesla was just EV enthusiasts' folly. “Let's short the stock and take the fools' money!”

But now, it's looking like the company could actually be successful... VERY successful.

So, what is the "Smart Money" to do?

Talk about “Obama-cars”.
Buy all sorts of nonsense reporting.
Generate lots of disinformation and repeat, repeat, repeat.

All of this is to give them time to get out of their short positions. And, in order to do that, they need to get the small investors to short the stock. Otherwise we would have the “short-squeeze” now and they would lose a ton of money.

As soon as the “Smart Money” changes their short positions to long, convincing regular investors to pick up the short bag, we'll have our short-squeeze. We Tesla believers will also make money because we'll get to ride along on the coattails of the Smart Money's market manipulation.

Just be patient and enjoy the ride. Pick up some more long positions if you can. Today's prices will seem like a real bargain before long. End of the year perhaps?

All of this is just opinion, of course, and not meant to be any sort of financial advise.

Apple will not buy Tesla. It makes no business sense whatsoever. And as investors we shouldn't want this to happen. If Apple buys Tesla we will all lose our shares and in exchange get what? $60? I'd rather keep my shares and wait for the day the are worth $250. The path to maximum return for shareholders is for Tesla to remain independent.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

You can't really use the term "crazy" to describe the wild fluctuations of a stock that has ALWAYS fluctuated wildly. And really, how "wild" is a one-dollar bounce up then down? What would be really "crazy," given the history of this stock, would be a day when it does not bounce up and down a dollar or more.

Apple and Tesla are both innovative tech companies. Apple has always been the minority computer, and Tesla is (and will be for a few years) building minority cars.

But the similarities end there.

There are no similarities in the products, the marketing, the service philosophy, the treatment of employees, the attitude toward customers, the commitment to the environment, nothing at all. Jobs famously gave nothing to charity and did not sign the Buffett pledge. Musk does and did. Jobs set out to make a bucket of money by selling really cool, well-designed, excellent products. Musk set out to make money by selling an excellent product that will make the world a better place.

I think and hope that Musk would/will not sell Tesla. He's young and has a vision of an electric America. Selling the company would be to abandon that vision to someone else who would compromise or discard it if they thought another model would make them more money.

Trying to find reason in the stock movement so far is like finding shapes in the clouds, you'll see what you want to see. For the stock on a given day, roll a die and pick:

- Tracking the DOW
- Tracking auto vendors X/Y/Z
- Bouncing off a 50 day average (or 200 day average)
- Point to some random published article

Trying to find reason in the stock movement so far is like finding shapes in the clouds.

I for one was very suspicious of Citizen-T's stock movement calls, they are always way too accurate. So I emailed some old friends that are retired from the KGB. Turns out that Jack Daniels Honey Whiskey is very popular in Siberia! Who knew!

So anyway after sending a bottle via FedEx they hacked into Mr. T's computer. Finding some interesting emails' they tracked down an IP address to an off shore account. A very complicated paper trail finally revealed his true source.

crystal-ball.jpg

EDIT: My friend in Siberia just emailed me a picture of him celebrating with the Jack Daniels Honey Whiskey I sent him.

Jack Girl.jpg

Yeah, he looks a lot different than he did back in the 70's. He say's he had a few cosmetic things done but when he showed Putin. Well let's just say Putin got really upset.

Putin 1.jpg

Well that's how he ended up in Siberia. He says he's not very happy there. That it's so cold everybody suffers from shrinkage.

I told him he's got only himself to blame. That he should of kept his junk in the frunk.

Last edited:
It's encouraging to see that if demand is greater than anticipated, volume can be significantly increased without additional capital expenditure.

"Current plans are to build 20,000 cars per year on one shift with the 430 manufacturing employees currently on staff. Adding a second shift would double that -- which could prove necessary if the Model S and its Model X crossover sistership meet sales expectations. Should sales outpace expectations, Passin believes the plant could build 100,000 vehicles per year without greatly stretching the current equipment."

Temple of Tesla: Touring Elon's Factory

I wonder what process will be the pinch point at 100,000. What equipment will they first have to expand to increase throughput?

Status
Not open for further replies.