Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was an after hours trade not too long after the close last night that knocked TSLA off its feet.
I was wondering if this was some of the Daimler/Aabar shares that were not turned lose yet.
I think TSLA will dust itself off and regain composure soon.

Motley Fool is not a uniform top-down set of analysts, and in addition many of the writings we see are coming from bloggers (like us), not people who actually work for them. They encourage a variety of thoughts and opinions, and there have been cases where one of their services was recommending a stock while another was effectively shorting it. So Motley Fool is really just a microcosm of the general trading population.

+1

The staff of MF are more positive than the user base who give the 1 star rating (most are shorts).

For those of you who are more short-term oriented. I suspect we'll make another run at $36...maybe even tomorrow, but if not, the odds are pretty good that it'll happen by the end of the week. Assuming no really bad news breaks, of course.

That's the good news, the bad news is that it also looks like it won't work, and we'll retreat to the 200-day once again. Whoever it was that was wondering when to add more shares, now seems like a good time, or wait until we touch the 200 again (maybe around $32.25, we'll see).

For those of you who are more short-term oriented. I suspect we'll make another run at $36...maybe even tomorrow, but if not, the odds are pretty good that it'll happen by the end of the week. Assuming no really bad news breaks, of course.

That's the good news, the bad news is that it also looks like it won't work, and we'll retreat to the 200-day once again. Whoever it was that was wondering when to add more shares, now seems like a good time, or wait until we touch the 200 again (maybe around $32.25, we'll see).

Agree, already added more.

The stock trickled up for days regardless of the market and now, on a day the market is flat, has the biggest 1-day drop in a long while (I scanned the last few months). Hard not to wonder if there's something we haven't heard yet.

The stock trickled up for days regardless of the market and now, on a day the market is flat, has the biggest 1-day drop in a long while (I scanned the last few months). Hard not to wonder if there's something we haven't heard yet.
I guess this stock is not for people with heart condition.

I guess we need to get use to wild moves on both sides. $2-3 move is small compare to what is coming. Hold on to your hats!

I refuse to believe this type of move is a precursor to a huge move up. This move down is very frustrating. I look like a complete idiot after telling someone off for telling me to not buy this stock. I will not sell. Nonetheless, this freak drop is fracking wrong. I need some scotch. Frack this.

Listening to you folks talk about all this short term action brings back bad memories.

It reminds me of when I got out of MSFT in 1988 after a decent return and waited for a dip to get back in. No dips and just splits for a decade.
I got back in later for some nice gains but.... oh my... what it could have been....

I refuse to believe this type of move is a precursor to a huge move up. This move down is very frustrating. I look like a complete idiot after telling someone off for telling me to not buy this stock. I will not sell. Nonetheless, this freak drop is fracking wrong. I need some scotch. Frack this.

Better make it cheap scotch, because with the money you lost today ... well, y'know, need to tighten the belt a bit.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.