Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One more you may find interesting. This is Tesla stock overlayed with gasoline future prices. Because the company is pre-earnings, traders like to have a reason for it to go up or down on a given day. Historically that reason has been gasoline prices. I believe as the story continues to play out the correlation to gasoline will minimize (or reset). Just food for thought.

tesla v gas.png

One more you may find interesting. This is Tesla stock overlayed with gasoline future prices. Because the company is pre-earnings, traders like to have a reason for it to go up or down on a given day. Historically that reason has been gasoline prices. I believe as the story continues to play out the correlation to gasoline will minimize (or reset). Just food for thought.
You can make charts say a lots of things, imagination has no limits. Technical analysis has it's limit.

On a volatile stock like TSLA and with all the manipulation going on, it will burn you one day or the other. We saw that yesterday and this morning. Lots of day traders wannabe got burn pretty badly.

When we are winning, we thing we are geniuses, then the humbling moment...

The best plan is to still look at technicals and fundamentals but to hold. The company is succeeding, every clues point in that direction. It is also much less stressful.

You can make charts say a lots of things, imagination has no limits. Technical analysis has it's limit.

On a volatile stock like TSLA and with all the manipulation going on, it will burn you one day or the other. We saw that yesterday and this morning. Lots of day traders wannabe got burn pretty badly.

When we are winning, we thing we are geniuses, then the humbling moment...

The best plan is to still look at technicals and fundamentals but to hold. The company is succeeding, every clues point in that direction. It is also much less stressful.

Oh, and I don't know. You probably didn't get burned if you were a technical trader that sold around 35.80 because we were at the top of the range and the bought at the 200-day because you knew that's where the support was. And if you believed in the technicals enough to short it on the way down too...

Make no mistake, a lot if money was made these past two days.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Oh, and I don't know. You probably didn't get burned if you were a technical trader that sold around 35.80 because we were at the top of the range and the bought at the 200-day because you knew that's where the support was. And if you believed in the technicals enough to short it on the way down too...

Make no mistake, a lot if money was made these past two days.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, lots of money was made in the last two days but an equivalent amount of money was lost, don't forget that.

What if, after you sold, the stock jumped to $45 and hold? That would have been a terrible trade would it? It could of happend, all technicals were there. But then, came the external factor, in this case, the manipulation.

Bonnie, I've had a lot of humbling moments in my life, I still do mistakes, but it's because I try things. But rarely do the same mistake twice (but it did happen)

The one thing I learned is to doubt everything and everyone, make sure to constantly requestion my beliefs. But when I'm sure of something, usually I'm a bit vocal about it ;)

Yes, lots of money was made in the last two days but an equivalent amount of money was lost, don't forget that.

What if, after you sold, the stock jumped to $45 and hold? That would have been a terrible trade would it? It could of happend, all technicals were there. But then, came the external factor, in this case, the manipulation.

No. The technicals were not there to support that kind of action. It could have happened, but the odds were against it. If it had, it wouldn't have been a bad trade. Nobody ever got hurt taking a profit, you get hurt when you get greedy.

In other news: more confirmation of delays, though the reasoning behind this one makes me think it is not a "problem" as much as it is just taking longer than expected to spin up at the appropriate quality.

Latest date

Bonnie, I've had a lot of humbling moments in my life, I still do mistakes, but it's because I try things. But rarely do the same mistake twice (but it did happen)

The one thing I learned is to doubt everything and everyone, make sure to constantly requestion my beliefs. But when I'm sure of something, usually I'm a bit vocal about it ;)

Yes. Yes, you are.

:)

So much for the delay rumor...
I got my Pre-delivery Purchase Agreement this morning.

I'm one of the last Signatures and my number is in the 1100's.
All along they suggested October delivery and that is what my paperwork said this morning.

So much for the delay rumor...
I got my Pre-delivery Purchase Agreement this morning.

I'm one of the last Signatures and my number is in the 1100's.
All along they suggested October delivery and that is what my paperwork said this morning.

That is very good news. There is no doubt that there has been a delay, I wonder if this means that, while they are slow getting the first cars out, they still intend to ramp up fast enough to get back on track by Oct.?

From an investor perspective, I welcome news of delays. It's cause for uncertainty and downward movement in share price. I've been buying on the dips since the IPO and am Long.

Watching SpaceX delays and eventual flawless execution of the recent mission leads me to assume Tesla is following the same strategy. No one remembers the delays but everyone remembers a disaster. Shipping hundreds or thousands of cars with problems is akin to a SpaceX mission failure. I trust Tesla to deliver a good product and not rush to deliver cars they are not happy with. The market doesn't really comprehend this and hence we benefit from the opportunity to buy at discount. That's my take on this on recent news.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.