Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The food is bad in prison and I hear that repeat offenders get longer and longer terms.

Here in CA, people pay to spend a night in prison: http://www.nps.gov/alca/planyourvisit/permits.htm

az_spug.jpg

perform a 1–2 hour work project, such as litter removal or cellhouse maintenance. After the work project, groups receive a special guided tour by a Park Ranger. At night dinner can be cooked over a barbecue provided on the island. At the end of the evening, the group retires to their individual cells in the D-Block. The cost of the Alcatraz Overnight Program is $2,000 inclusive of transportation and the maximum group size is 35.

Mods: OK to move/delete this post

Trying to figure out short term trends in a new stock will drive you batty.
There is no rhyme or reason, you have a lot of people placing bets on both sides. You also get people that believe in the company and the promise it holds. Many people short or place calls on the stock based on intuition or gut feelings. At some point, which can seem random, those have to be covered.
Don't sweat the daily ups and downs;)

Does that mean the interior will not be the same as what we now about?

Beefed up might mean they have two people working on it instead of one part-timer or it could mean they have thirty people now working on it--just no way to tell. I'm quite a ways down the line so my hope is that they will get it right by the time my number comes up.

Basically:

Chrome and glossy = bad
No lights and mirrors = bad
No convenient hidden storage = bad
No usable cup holders = bad

None of these things should be that hard to fix (at no extra cost to the customer--even if they have to take a 1% gross profit hit--about $900 per car--on the first 5,000 cars to do so). The plain-ol black would look darn attractive if it was a matt finish.

Not being a reservation holder I really have no right to comment.

Sure you do. Actually, your view probably matters more because there is a reason you haven't become a reservation holder and it's important for Tesla to find out why. In my case the things I don't like are fewer than the things I do like--but that doesn't mean I don't want improvements (and will continue to whine about what I don't like). And there's always the possibility that something will tip me over the line the wrong way. I don't think that's likely though.

My financial bet is that by the time you are driving your dream machine, most if not all of your concerns will be addressed.

That is my hope too.

That the lessons learned will smooth the way for Model X.

The worst thing about the Model X is the screen placement. It looks just right for vandals or kids to pull off and is an invitation for thieves. Everything else seems fine assuming you can live with the lower range.

And that by the time I am in queue for a Gen III any interior issues will be on the "not my shade of whatever color" variety.

Right. I'm sure that will be the case. If I was twenty years younger I would definitely wait for the GenIII (and if I was $10M richer I would have a Sig Performance:biggrin:).

After hours is for suckers. You wake up in the morning and you realize she is not as cute as she was when you had 5-6 beers under the belly.

Or worse.

She is a he!

Steph,
I think you might be confusing after hours trading with something else. FYI, after hours often has much higher volatility than traditional trading hours. The highs and lows of after hours are usually more extreme than that of daily trading, in fact the actual high and lows of most stocks are hit in extended hours which are not listed in quotes. So you can often pick up shares at a significant discount or short them at top highs.

The drop to nearly $28 was just too low for me to pass up. As I learned from reading this thread, Buy on the way down, Sell on the way up.

Woohoo!

I got those options when we were at $28.15. Up 5% the next day. Good end to a rough week.

Put in a couple sell orders at various prices because I'm going to be cruising this week. Good luck everyone, I expect us all to be millionaires by the time I return.

Would be nice to offset my blackjack habit at least. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.