Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Woohoo!

I got those options when we were at $28.15. Up 5% the next day. Good end to a rough week.

Put in a couple sell orders at various prices because I'm going to be cruising this week. Good luck everyone, I expect us all to be millionaires by the time I return.

Would be nice to offset my blackjack habit at least. :)

Very nice. I picked up one contract for March at 31 but most of mine expire in December. I could really usethe stock to be above 35 by then

The stock should begin climbing as reservations are consummated. In the foreseeable future there isn't really reason for a significant downward trend unless there is a hiccup of some sort or until/if they do a capital raise (probably stock offering) which will likely cause a short term decline (although it could go the other way).

Last edited:
Tesla stock - Kind of toy for some people ???

the tesla stock is doing some weird up and downs lately. Whats going on there? Is the misbelief over the stock still there? Friday +5% for no reason, today -5% for no reason. Or is there a reason that i dont know of? Im starting to believe, that the stock is some kind of amusement tool for some people, who are manupulating the stock this way....

Any thoughts??

the tesla stock is doing some weird up and downs lately. Whats going on there? Is the misbelief over the stock still there? Friday +5% for no reason, today -5% for no reason. Or is there a reason that i dont know of? Im starting to believe, that the stock is some kind of amusement tool for some people, who are manupulating the stock this way....

Any thoughts??

I think that's just normal volatility. It's kind of amazing really, a company that has been losing money for 10 years, finally on the cusp getting in the black.

Any thoughts??

When you read a lot of the articles about Tesla stock that recommend a buy, sell or hold stance, this one for example, just talk about the various metrics about a company that speculators use to try to evaluate the health of a company at a glace. With a company like Tesla though, most of these metrics are totally useless since they're not selling their primary product yet. Listen to past quarterly investor Q&A calls, you'll hear questions from national investing firms about why revenue and US sales had dropped so severely a full quarter or more after the Roadster had sold out in the US. Instead of looking closely at the business plan and detailed information, many are trading on cookie cutter statistics that don't necessarily matter at this point in the company's plan.

Of course this is all from the eyes a investor who's long on Tesla, and views these dips as buying opportunities.

I think that's just normal volatility. It's kind of amazing really, a company that has been losing money for 10 years, finally on the cusp getting in the black.

The last time we had a big sell offs like this was when that big investor sold off all of their shares and when the stock was downgraded by one of the investment analysts.

I wouldn't be surprised if we find out tomorrow that there was a downgrade by another investment analyst or some other semi-major news. Sometimes the stock has its ups and downs but sell offs this big are usually the result of some bad news.

The last time we had a big sell offs like this was when that big investor sold off all of their shares and when the stock was downgraded by one of the investment analysts.

I wouldn't be surprised if we find out tomorrow that there was a downgrade by another investment analyst or some other semi-major news. Sometimes the stock has its ups and downs but sell offs this big are usually the result of some bad news.

I don't see the volume.

Are the dogs barking?
Low volume may be the longs holding tight.

My next limit order tripped and now I am the happy owner of another 100 shares.....:biggrin:

I plan to ride this as far down as it goes. No regrets, no second guesses, no prisoners!

Yep, I'm holding tight. The dogs are all sleeping in the sunshine, not a care in the world.

I wonder how the test drive tour is doing, it would be great shareholders if S orders start piling in and that info gets released. Better yet would be unequivocal word that they've started the ramp up, I wasn't too clear after the conference call if they had stopped production entirely for now or if they were just going really really slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.