Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
picked up another 5 august 28$ calls today and another 35 shares(for the retirement acct).

Another investing strategy that you may wish to consider is to sell some August $28 put options. You can sell those for ~$2.00 each, so if the stock drops below $28.00 and the option is exercised then you will have bought TSLA at $26.00 share. If TSLA increases in price, it would have to be above $31.10 for you to 'beat' the break even. This assumes that you paid $1.10 for the August $28 call options. $31.10 - $2.00 = $29.10. $28.00 + 1.10 = $29.10.

Thoughts?

10 yrs of losing money. Losing money faster than ever, making less money than ever, only enough cash for 1 qtr like this. Half of stakeholders betting against it. Some uncertainty as to the ability to actually produce promised product. Lot's of macro uncertainty/weakness. The next quarter will certainly not look pretty on paper. One big bet that will either come to fruition or crash in the next 2-3 qtrs= a vary volatile publicly traded stock that will only become more volatile in the coming months.

There, now everyone owes me lunch. Or you can chip in for a Model S. Or at least that remote controlled Roadster.

Last edited:
For as old as I imagine most of you are, there are some real babies in here.

I am long TSLA and am fully accepting that I may lose my entire 125 shares if this company goes belly up, but if you say you're long then mean it. Days like this where TSLA is down 7.32% actually make me smile. I'm contemplating buying another 25-50 shares, and when the stock shoots to $45 within a year, I'll be smiling even more. In the meantime, viva tesla!

It doesn't sound like there is much of anything that would have any real stock impact for a while. We were always in a waiting mode, but previously it was punctuated by demos, events, etc. Now it's just wait and see if their line ramps up. Other than the super charger announcement a couple months from now, I'm not sure what sort of tangible news we'll see.

I'm a bit of a novice investor, I'm hoping some other people talking about their put or call options here could shed a little light for me. I've done a little research into what puts and calls are but I'm having a hard time understanding the proper practical application. The example I looked at basically described a put as a fee you could pay to sell shares and a pre-arranged price anytime you want in the future up to a certain date, and a call would be the opposite.

I'm currently long on Tesla, have been buying shares under $28.50, and think that Tesla is heavily undervalued at 27-28. I'm predicting 31-32 per share around the September 22 call date based on general public deliveries and hopefully the Supercharger announcement , and 36+ by the December 22 call date based on being on track for 2012 production goals. I'm trying to understand my options, but its all gibberish to me. Tesla Motors, Inc. (TSLA) Options Chain - Stock Puts Calls - NASDAQ.com

Any clarity anyone can shine on this would be greatly appreciated.

[I just moved Cali's last message, and some responses to it, over to Iamthecaliflower simply because they were off topic for this thread. -mod]

You may have moved my post there accidentally, I just want to know about puts and calls. (sadpanda)

I'm a bit of a novice investor, I'm hoping some other people talking about their put or call options here could shed a little light for me. I've done a little research into what puts and calls are but I'm having a hard time understanding the proper practical application. The example I looked at basically described a put as a fee you could pay to sell shares and a pre-arranged price anytime you want in the future up to a certain date, and a call would be the opposite.

I'm currently long on Tesla, have been buying shares under $28.50, and think that Tesla is heavily undervalued at 27-28. I'm predicting 31-32 per share around the September 22 call date based on general public deliveries and hopefully the Supercharger announcement , and 36+ by the December 22 call date based on being on track for 2012 production goals. I'm trying to understand my options, but its all gibberish to me. Tesla Motors, Inc. (TSLA) Options Chain - Stock Puts Calls - NASDAQ.com

Any clarity anyone can shine on this would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.