Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious if he sticks with 25% margin claim when most people use 15% in their calculation for this company
Related to that, I'm wondering how Tesla discusses the margins given I think most cars are coming with due bill parts and it's always more expensive to do those sorts or things after the fact. The parcel shelf is just a ship it, but I've got carbon fiber interior elements due and that'll take a Ranger visit. Plus, we've got the various physical issues being reported (gaps on some cars, paint mismatch issue one person just reported, my charge port door didn't work, etc). There aren't enough sample points to know if the defect rate is unusually high, but it seems reasonable to figure the initial run of cars will have more costs to diagnose/fix such things and roll those fixes back into the production line. Presumably the 25% margin is after those kinks are worked out.

Well yeah. I think your last comment is it. The 25% number is once they hit their stride. I wouldn't expect to see that until at least summer if not EOY. I just want to see improvement in that direction in the short term.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Well yeah. I think your last comment is it. The 25% number is once they hit their stride. I wouldn't expect to see that until at least summer if not EOY. I just want to see improvement in that direction in the short term.

I agree any anouncement that they are continuing to be positive with gross margins improving should move the stock. Of course if they announce that margins are not improving that might tank my options :)

Eh, they have said they aren't going to be giving us updates on future models the way they did on the Model S anymore. They want to play things closer to the chest moving forward.....

Do you have a citation? This is counter to Elon's MO. He thrives on flashy announcements for marketing purposes. They are each strategically timed to hit before financial announcements of various kinds.

Do you have a citation? This is counter to Elon's MO. He thrives on flashy announcements for marketing purposes. They are each strategically timed to hit before financial announcements of various kinds.

Pretty sure it was said in a conference call some time ago. I don't really have a min to look it up right now, perhaps someone else knows off the top of their head.

The two aren't incompatible. Steve Jobs was the master of both playing things close to the chest and making flashy announcements. The only question is the timing of the flashy announcement. The longer you go without any news at all on something, the greater the anticipation for the announcement.

Wow, that's unintentionally hilarious. You should have posted it in the Anti-Tesla Gibberish thread instead.

I can't even find a website for them. But I think their DOE loan refusal was probably due to some outrageous claims that could not ever be met. More humor below. Less expensive than the cheapest of electrical bicycles. Longer range than any EV (even an essentially perpetually flying Helios type aircraft). Faster than a Tesla. Able to charge off of USB!. Lower CTO than a golf cart.

XP Vehicles Inc. said:
Our design is:• Less expensive than ANY other EV • Longer range than ANY other EV • Safer than ANY other EV • Faster than a Tesla • More room than a Tesla • Less carcinogenic than ANY gasoline car. • Able to be charged in more places than ANY EV. • Able to be charged in more ways than ANY EV. • Lower cost to build than ANY EV. • Lower total cost of ownership than ANY EV. • Faster to install a factory for than ANY other EV. • Less expensive in factory roll-out than ANY other EV. • Less capital intensive than ANY other EV. • Lower in cost for energy storage than ANY other EV. ... and competitor-busting on many other metrics

Found on this site Vator - XP Vehicles, Inc. company profile

Last edited:
I can't even find a website for them.

I hate to post the link, but here it is: XP Vehicles, XP Vehicle

They were trying to build inflatable EV that could not be plugged in because it were supposedly get a fuel cells... You can see couple low res renders there but site now clearly about politics. And I suspect company always have been about politics, not about building cars.

I believe it's the Boeing battery fire again. FAA to look into lithium battery. Total nonsense it's not the battery but how it's set up. Remember exploding cell phone. Market just looking for any excuse and shorts jump on it. Wish they would release some production number

Wondering the same thing my self... Low volume, possible Friday short attack? I haven't seen any news on the wire, have you?

Maybe it's this article from yesterday on Green Car Reports:

How Many Tesla Model S Electric Cars Were Built In 2012? How Many Sold?

Perhaps people expected Tesla to beat there own estimate and this article makes them belief that's not going to happen. In my opinion the article is not helpful, it takes the surprise out of Tesla's Q4 and year end announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.