TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by AudubonB, Dec 30, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MTL_HABS1909

MTL_HABS1909 Member

Shorts are going to claim lack of demand....

upload_2018-7-23_21-53-39.jpeg

Attached Files:

• Informative x 4
    • Funny x 4
    • Love x 1
  2. Words of HABIT

Remember this: Car & Driver: Tesla Model S Is Car Of The Century
    Tesla is at it again. Hagerty Insurance ranking, July 12, 2018 tesla-model-s-greatest-car-of-the-2010s
    1117818_collector-car-expert-hagerty-rates-tesla-model-s-car-of-the-decade
    tesla-model-s-is-this-decades-greatest-car-hagerty-claims

Hagerty. Started in 1984, this industry leader protects over one million vehicles — insuring some of the world’s finest collector cars. With real-world expertise valuing the classics, Hagerty decided to put together a comprehensive list which includes: “the greatest vehicle of each decade, from the earliest days of the automobile to the present.”

"HAGERTY’S PICKS FOR “GREATEST CAR” OF EACH DECADE

1890 — 1910: Ford Model T
    The 1910s: Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost
    The 1920s: Duesenberg Model J
    The 1930s: ’32 Ford
    The 1940s: Jeep CJ
    The 1950s: Mercedes-Benz 300SL
    The 1960s: Ford Mustang
    The 1970s: Lamborghini Countach
    The 1980s: Dodge Caravan
    The 1990s: Mazda Miata
    The 2000s: Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
    The 2010s: Tesla Model S
    Source: Hagerty. One caveat though, Hagerty notes, “we’re technically not through with the 2010s, [but] we think it’s already safe to pick the greatest car to come out of this decade.”

I thought we could use some positive reinforcement today. Don't be shaken by FUD. Remember Tesla has already won and nothing can take this achievement away. Thank you Elon and thank you everyone at Tesla and 3rd party suppliers to Tesla. Your achievements have not gone unnoticed.
    Best,
    Daniel

• Love x 10
    • Like x 6
    • Informative x 1
  3. gtrplyr1

gtrplyr1 Member

Quick update: Earlier today I wrote a post and suggested that Tesla should offer Model3 test drives in every store by now. I also said I sent a request for one this morning ... a few hours later I was contacted by a Tesla rep and we set up the test drive for tomorrow afternoon. I happen to live in Burbank and the local Tesla store has Model3s on hand for test drives ... I'd hope that very soon every Tesla store around the country would have them ... if you have set one (test drive) up please let us know where .... (just in general) I"m curious how available test drives are.

After all ... everyone knows to close the deal you got to get the people in the cars! it's car sales 101 ...

Cheers to the longs .... hoping for better days ahead .... we could all use some good news.

• Like x 6
    • Helpful x 2
  4. ZachShahan

ZachShahan Active Member

They've started test drives at select locations across the US — just started a few days ago.

Tesla Starts Model 3 Test Drives At Select Locations, Including Performance Edition | CleanTechnica

As an example, here in Southwest Florida, you can go for a test drive in Tampa but not in Sarasota. I'm not sure of the full list, but I'd assume it's large cities across the country plus some EV hot spots.

Edit: Also, if anyone in the Ventura area wants a test drive, let me know. :D

• Like x 7
  5. davecolene0606

Which of is proof positive that these “liberal” media rags are CONSERVATIVE rags masquerading as liberal media outlets for capitalist short term gain:mad:

There it’s been said, there is no true liberal mainstream media left surviving.

Think about for a bit.... very scary indeed, if you’re a lib:oops:

Fire Away:confused:

• Like x 12
    • Love x 4
    • Informative x 1
    • Funny x 1
  6. wipster

wipster Gold Member

Keep us posted dude! Anxious to hear what you think and did ya buy one yet!

7. neroden

neroden Model S Owner and Frustrated Tesla Fan

Projects which started in 2016 and aren't done yet? That means "no final acceptance"

• Informative x 3
  8. Boomer19

Boomer19 Supporting Member

9. neroden

I have stated that my continued health depends on it, in an attempt to elicit sympathy. Yes.

• Helpful x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  10. brian45011

brian45011 Active Member

Two factors were the regulatory credits ($85 million) and the reversal of the reserve for the DOE warrants ($10.7 million)--DOE had accelerated the repayment of the ATVM loans to a date earlier than the exercise date for the warrants, rendering the warrants worthless.
    http://ir.teslamotors.com/static-files/61f78409-b554-4fc4-9e91-ca5bb5b90fc1

Those two factors changed what would otherwise have been a $0.74/share loss ($84.4 million) to a $0.10/share profit.

The un-expected profit blind-sided the "smart money" on Wall Street (but not a small cadre of posters here).

What un-expected catalyst might trigger the next price rocket?

• Informative x 2
  11. Malbrough

Malbrough Member

#20491 Malbrough, Jul 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
    Galileo Russel of Hyperchange just did a great analysis of the book "The Everything Store" by Brad Stone.

Galileo shows amazing similarities to how Wall Street just doesn't get it with Tesla, just as they were clueless about Amazon 20 years ago.

Tesla analogies start at 1:35, but the uncanny media analyst analogies start at 3:32.

It's like deja vu all over again. Must watch again...

• Like x 5
    • Love x 2
  12. ZachShahan

ZachShahan Active Member

Thank you much. "Should" have been doing several other things today, but couldn't help myself. Can only imagine how Elon feels.

• Like x 8
    • Love x 2
    • Funny x 1
  13. neroden

YESSS!

An Electrek survey from a while ago said that about half of reservation holders wanted light-colored interiors. This just roughly doubled the number of reservation holders who will finalize their orders.

• Like x 7
    • Informative x 1
  14. ZachShahan

ZachShahan Active Member

Yes, I remember Elon warning that a short tsunami was coming. I believed him. Raving Model S reviews were coming out after many negative claims about the car's fit & finish, functionality, etc. before those legit reviews, iirc. Tesla paid off its DOE loan 7 years (iirc) early and got a lot of great press for that, which also pulled the rug out from the claim that Tesla could only exist because of the government support. And then the unexpected quarterly profit blew the roof off.

I was upset at myself for years for not investing at ~$30 since the coming story seemed obvious, but I had never set up an investment account and didn't get around to it.

• Helpful x 3
    • Like x 2
  15. Cosmacelf

Cosmacelf Well-Known Member

Console yourself with the thought that no matter how badly you screwed up, there are others who screwed up worse. I bought at 36 ... and sold at 43.

• Funny x 9
    • Helpful x 4
    • Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  16. gene

gene Supporting Member

1.Pacifica stations such as KPFK and KFFA are truly liberal and listener supported. They take no corporate, no government, and no organizational money. Only listener money.

2. I HIGHLY recommend getting your morning headline news from award winning Amy Goodman at "Democracy Now" on any Pacifica station of her podcast of the same name. Democracy Now! | Democracy Now!

3. For over 25 years I get my "progressive" in depth coverage with amazing guests such as CIA agents, ambassadors, etc. Especially up to date news about what may be going on with Muelher investigation from Ian Master's Background Briefing. Background Briefing with Ian Masters If you are looking for his podcast, there is a different "Background Briefing" podcast. You want Ian Master's Background Briefing.

• Informative x 7
    • Like x 5
    • Helpful x 1
  17. neroden

Damn near every analyst is treating Tesla Energy as worth zero or negative amounts, even the bullish ones.

• Informative x 3
    • Helpful x 1
  18. neroden

Wow. He's good, I can tell by the topics and guests already. But I hate listening to podcasts -- I wish he had transcripts.

• Like x 4
  19. kbeckley

kbeckley Member

I wouldn't put much stock in sentiment on r/RealTesla. Only 2k subscribers and not heavily moderated. r/teslamotors is much better and more sane. The negativity is simply crazy. Kinda anti-human in my opinion. I do wish musk would not lash out on twitter (another brutal social media cesspool) but I can understand. Billionaire or not no one likes to be criticized and slandered 24/7. I wish people had to use their real names on these forums. Would increase civility immensely. What people will say anonymously they would never say in person.

• Like x 7
    • Informative x 1
  20. bdy0627

bdy0627 Active Member

Gee, but isn't Speigel a reliable source on all things Tesla?:rolleyes:

• Funny x 7
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.