Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m following the 2013 script as well as $AMZN price action from 2015 for directions Commit these 2 charts to memory if you wanna make the most out of current $TSLA move
another chart to study is $QCOM from 1999 to see what a powerful move this stock made today and just how bad it will turn out for short shorts

• Informative
Reactions: Drax7
Sentiment from /wsb/ bears seems to be to stay away from shorting TSLA for a few days.
If WSB says don't short, I should buy some FD puts ASAP ;)

This is actually a really bad idea, if there is short covering triggered in the coming days. But I can see why you would be buying some FD puts at the top of the squeeze so you can profit on the way up selling into the squeeze and then on the way down buying into the squeeze as it deflates.

Naturally the goal of short-term profiting on the squeeze is so I can have a lot more money to buy shares after the squeeze is over.

I recall someone saying you're not supposed to share overly specific numbers here, but what the hey. Feel free to mod if it's against the rules.
http://oi67.tinypic.com/ibyp6s.jpg

Nothing against it. PPL can share all they want. Some of us just don't need the unwanted attention so don't share exact figures.

H/T to @bonnie for digging this up

I'm not going to lie, this was one of the best of these videos I've seen.

They used some of the German words and made them into English sentences, this is the first time I've seen someone do this with this meme video. They actually turned when he yells something about Stalin into an actual sentence where he says "stallin" that's amazing. Also changing blut into beaut, another genius moment. And then at the end when he famously says "Der krieg ist verloren" ("The war is lost") they made krieg into trick.

I'm not going to lie, this was one of the best of these videos I've seen.

They used some of the German words and made them into English sentences, this is the first time I've seen someone do this with this meme video. They actually turned when he yells something about Stalin into an actual sentence where he says "stallin" that's amazing. Also changing blut into beaut, another genius moment. And then at the end when he famously says "Der krieg ist verloren" ("The war is lost") they made krieg into trick.
Personally, I find this (original) fragment the best 4 minutes in movie history.I can keep watching this.

After going through the transcript of the cc looking for things I missed, I came across this tidbit which suggests that spending a bit more temporarily to build a GF or two is not out of the question:

"...I think this is probably the right thing to do is to be sort of essentially self-funding on a go forward basis and apart from selective situations where there's say some debt – temporary debt for construction of a Gigafactory in China or Europe or something like that..."

Golden. I remeber he mentioned China, but if things are solid I see him borrowing for Europe.

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
Some info from Tesla Energy Electricians.

Newly trained Electricians get a raise with Tesla energy after completing their program, which consists of 1,000 hours on the field training (from memory of my conversation months ago, could be 2,000). Tesla doesn’t call these employees in training “interns”, they are referred to as “electrician apprentice.” Tesla takes very good care of these electricians, many of them were volunteers at the GF to help fix bottlenecks. They sometimes given a model X to drive from Reno to GF as a perk.

Last edited:
Actually, I think they're slamming headlong into organizational and training constraints. Based on the hour I spent on the phone this morning trying to get to the right person to get my car's service set up. The first contact point referred me to the wrong department even though I told them exactly who I needed to talk to. And worse, I'd called the right people and been shunted to the call center who sent me to the wrong people. The "service" call center is the WORST. Throwing money at it isn't going to train the people better.
Maybe some capex to create company contact list?

• Helpful
Reactions: Lessmog
Also noteworthy that this morning CNBC had two bulls on discussing Tesla’s results. I found it shocking they did not have a bear in there because the network has been so relentlessly negative of late. Maybe sentiment is changing, or CNBC thinks they have gone far enough with the bear story. Good news anyway as they do have influence.

Think of it as an advertising platform- now the bulls are taking the check.

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but it struck me reading about Einhorn’s recent trading losses that his report was at quarter end, and it would have been so much worse for him if there hadn’t been a big SP drop just before the end of the quarter. And looking back at the charts, there’s been a big drop just before other quarter ends. Coincidence?

Status
Not open for further replies.