Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@aubreymcfato @Dan Detweiler @TheTalkingMule

Thanks for bringing the focus on VINs again!

Since end of June and reaching the 5k/week burst, I got lost of the Vin counting, since it wasn't interesting anymore.

BUT - THIS!

July 1st: Highest Vin: 62557
Aug 6th: Highest Vin 92929

By doing simple math, that's a 30372 new registrations in 5 weeks, or 6074/week.
Sure, we can't extrapolate this to weekly production!

But hence - in the letter the talking was producing 50-55k Model 3s for Q3!

"Expecting to produce 50-55k Model 3s in Q3; deliveries should exceed that"

And now, we have a clue, what that last part of the sentence could look like in numbers. With this registration rate it could go to 70-75000 - IF that mass can already be delivered.

Either way the shorts are getting shorter every day the Q3 goes on, because from today it seems impossible to miss the predicted 50-55k in Q3!

Where is my Popcorn when i need it the most....

Last edited:

Since end of june and reaching the 5k/week burst, I got lost of the Vin couting, since it wasn't interesting anymore.

BUT - THIS!

By doing simple math, thats a 30372 new registrations in 5 weeks, or 6074/week.

But hence - in the CC the talking was 50-55k Model 3s for Q3!?

With this registration rate it could go to 70-75000 - IF that mass can already be delivered.

Either way the shorts are getting shorter every day the Q3 goes on, because from today it seems impossible to miss the prognosed 50-55k in Q3!

Next thing to keep an eye on is VIN assignments for AWD. It's been pretty slow the past few days, and we should start to see it ramp up.

Great article!

In 2010 Qatar paid for a smear campaign to improve their own chances in the bidding to host the World Cup.

World Cup 2022: Qatar bid team accused of secret campaign to sabotage rivals

Some of the alleged aspects of the smear campaign:
  • A respected academic was paid $9,000 to write a negative report on the huge economic cost of an American World Cup, which was then distributed to news media around the world.
  • Journalists, bloggers and high-profile figures were recruited in each country to hype up negative aspects of their respective bids.
  • A group of American physical education teachers were recruited to ask their US Congressmen to oppose a US World Cup on the grounds that the money would be better used on high school sports.
  • Grassroots protests were organised at rugby games in Australia opposing the country's bid.
  • Intelligence reports were compiled on individuals involved in rival bids.
These articles validate what some of us, well at least myself, have believed in that these paid attacks do exist. Shorts will continue to say it is "just a difference of interpreting the facts". Shorts will continue pushing their agenda that Tesla is "cheating", "lying", "go bankrupt" no matter the unveiling of "biases" like the Montana guy. Too much money invested in fossil fuels and in short positions to allow reality to get a leg up. I really appreciate all the good, sane comments I get to read here that explain what is really going on.

Since end of June and reaching the 5k/week burst, I got lost of the Vin counting, since it wasn't interesting anymore.

BUT - THIS!

By doing simple math, that's a 30372 new registrations in 5 weeks, or 6074/week.

But hence - in the letter the talking was producing 50-55k Model 3s for Q3!

"Expecting to produce 50-55k Model 3s in Q3; deliveries should exceed that"

And now, we have a clue, what that last part of the sentence could look like in numbers. With this registration rate it could go to 70-75000 - IF that mass can already be delivered.

Either way the shorts are getting shorter every day the Q3 goes on, because from today it seems impossible to miss the predicted 50-55k in Q3!

Sorry to reply to myself, but I think this is important too:

(Q2 letter): "Model 3 gross margin should grow significantly to approximately 15% in Q3 and to approximately 20% in Q4 predominantly due to continued reduction in manufacturing costs and to some extent an improving mix"

Unbenannt.JPG

Am i geeting this right?: (in my first post predicted) 70000 deliveries with an average price of 50000$ and 15% gross margin = Adding 525,000,000$ cash and is eating up the Q2 Net loss to a zero or small +/- only from Model 3 deliveries? Right?! :rolleyes:

And Tesla already did other steps to reduce cost. So the slightly profit looks like getting real!

Please correct me, if i miss something or did an error.

Last edited:
I'm beginning to think the stock will just sort of float around here until the end of Q3. But what do I know.

I am split between that or some major analysts put out more aggressive forecasts and stock price recommendations and stock pops toward $370 as a result (or over $370 if things get "out of control").

Any insight on timing and expectations for analyst upgrades?

Last edited:
Due to shorts, Tesla stock feels like it is actually a mild call option than a stock.

If there isn't much going on, the stock usually drops little by little from shorts pushing it down, as if it is experiencing the time decay of options.

If there's good news, the stock jumps big, just like a call option, but soon it'll start decaying little by little again without further catalyst from short manipulations.

When there is bad news, the stock drops, but it is amplified, as if implied volatility is pushing it down further, again, due to more shorts manipulating.

Just a little crazy observation.

Last edited:
Due to shorts, Tesla stock feels like it is actually a mild call option than a stock.

If there isn't much going on, the stock usually drops little by little from shorts pushing it down, as if it is experiencing the time decay of options.

If there's good news, the stock jumps, but soon it'll start decaying little by little again without further catalyst from short manipulations.

When there is bad news, the stock drops, but it is amplified, as if implied volatility is pushing it down further, again, due to more shorts manipulating.

Just a little crazy observation.

Can confirm.

Status
Not open for further replies.