Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
3.jpg

Don't forget that Musk also tweeted: "Investor support is confirmed. Only reason why this is not certain is that it’s contingent on a shareholder vote."
"Certain" is a strong word, and it means something. I don't think Elon could say this without having a written agreement with terms specifying $420. That would be dishonest. If it turns out all he has is a verbal understanding with someone, he will be crucified. And rightly so.
I am certain that I will go make coffee for myself this morning.

That doesn't mean that there won't be a mechanical error on a helicopter that decides to land in the nearby field, and I go run out and make sure everyone is OK while I call 911, and I don't get to the coffee until the afternoon.

Much confusion everywhere ... I'll admit I am trying my best to absorb everything but it is a lot to take in. A few things I know:

1) I'm quite confident that 70 billion will NOT be necessary as many, such as myself, will choose to go private.

2) There is PLENTY of money out there looking for a home ... I have no doubt Elon will find it.

3) I'm in Elon's corner ... regardless ... the market has pissed me off for years with the nonsense it perpetrates with short selling (Naked ??? WTF) .... I said for years Apple should have gone private with all the BS that gets reported .... they didn't do it (much larger market cap even at the time ) I'm totally in favor of Tesla doing it. Go Elon and Screw WS !!!!

Cheers to the longs

Because he only invested $15k. It’s a pretext to suing Elon if the deal doesn’t go through. He can claim damages. If the deal does go through, he makes money. Win win.
And if he does sue, the CNBC clip will be played and the case dismissed, since his claim is he was deceived by Elon, and bought on the tweet. More foolish than I already thought he was.

Because he only invested $15k. It’s a pretext to suing Elon if the deal doesn’t go through. He can claim damages. If the deal does go through, he makes money. Win win.
Does he have grounds to sue making an investment believing Elon is lying? If you invest $ and you believe he’s lying, even if he is and had violated SEC rules etc,, it’s then your bad. But if you stated you believed him, and lost $, then that would be different.

I am certain that I will go make coffee for myself this morning.

That doesn't mean that there won't be a mechanical error on a helicopter that decides to land in the nearby field, and I go run out and make sure everyone is OK while I call 911, and I don't get to the coffee until the afternoon.
Would you be certain if you had no coffee available, but had a verbal agreement with an acquaintance that he would deliver coffee to you before noon?

More to the point, would you issue a SEC-regulated communication that your morning coffee was "certain", if billions of dollars of investor money depended on the coffee?

This is why investor communications tend to come on Forms 8-K, with appropriate disclaimers regarding contingent events. So there is no misunderstanding that might hurt your stockholders.

• Funny
Reactions: SGordB and madodel
Assuming the transcript is ballpark correct, this guy is buying calls (usually bullish) with the intent to sue later? That's the only way I can interpret it. But if you stand in front of a train, you don't get to sue the railway.
Especially when you have binoculars and train schedule in-hand, and know the train is coming.

I am not going to be able to catch up to this thread at work so I don’t know if this has been mentioned yet.

Which ever fund loaning all these shares to shorts must return ALL their shares to the private company. Those fund managers know this. They will recall shorted shares once the deal is clear. They will give all the rope the shorts need to hang theyselves now.

A lot of hate here, no need. It's really simple...

1. Elon has a plan, he is smart, has lawers, the board approved it, and the method of announcing (tweet) was legal according to most authorities (notice the stories to the contrary are are "alleged").
2. Many Tesla owners and believers think the stock will go much higher in the future (so do the large equity funds and the Saudi Prince). Read about the fear of owners having to sell at even $420 on this forum... then relieved they could hold privately for continued gains.
3. In a few days, the 8K (funding method) will most likely be filed and the stock will be at $420, or higher, same day. (See Porsche-VW example also on this forum.)
4. If something hiccups on the 8K, the stock will still go up long term despite. Analysts as an aggregate are clueless at a 3 way tie between buy-hold-sell so 2/3 are wrong. The bear strategy to choke off funding for a BK is over when Tesla turns a profit (as forecasted).

IMHO, this is a safe bet with strong potential for a very fast ROI. So I just bought another 50 shares at $355/share which is the approximate value post-Saudi news and pre-Private announcement. Upside is much stronger than downside... buy buy buy! Worst case is I have to wait longer than a week or two.

FYI, I almost correctly predicted the $280 low, missed it by only $10. Then I predicted $380 by Q4 followed by another dip. That part came early... I got this figured out it's so simple. Here is my forecasted post, see for yourself.

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

Now my prediction is $420 by next week, or higher. I bet the ballots were already in the mail.

I not only love my Model 3, but it pays for itself just believing! And that crazy story that public trading is the strongest Marketing tool for Tesla... clearly someone hasn't driven one lately. And you thought Apple had loyalty. This is loyalty with a cause x10.

Mod: As Lord Vetinari, head moderator of this here corner of the forum, has requested, please try not to post without having caught up to at least the last hour or so of postings. We're starting to see a lot of people asking questions that have already been answered multiple times. Please note that there are separate threads about who can/can't hold stock after the event (if it happens) and about foreign stockholders. Please read what's already there and post any followup questions there too.

Oh, to a certain subset of you, I'll mention that my moderator workload has gone up exponentially, and remind you that banning is easier than moderating. Post real content or don't bother.

--ggr.

Yep, capital required is decreasing by the minute.

Elon's way too clever for the hapless shorty-shorts!
Capital required is different than what has to be lined up to pursue a privatization. I think one may 'require' only 20-30B in the end (based on probably above 80-85B in total capitalization when all is said and done, but one cannot count on the final decision of shareholders until all is said and done. so with what they have in their pocket (apparently, but there is ZERO evidence of it now) they might have ~40B locked up, so they would have to line up financing to be able to go up to and including the difference. Now, I know it seems like they could line up financing for a range of 20-40B with an option to go up to 50B, but from an investment banking standpoint, agreeing to a range of "sure, we'll do 20B and are able/willing to go up to 35B" doesn't really happen that way.

I am not going to be able to catch up to this thread at work so I don’t know if this has been mentioned yet.

Which ever fund loaning all these shares to shorts must return ALL their shares to the private company. Those fund managers know this. They will recall shorted shares once the deal is clear. They will give all the rope the shorts need to hang theyselves now.

Yes.

I mean I think shorting stock is immoral, but lending shares to shorts to sell right now, that's freakin' evil :eek:

Would you be certain if you had no coffee available, but had a verbal agreement with an acquaintance that he would deliver coffee to you before noon?

More to the point, would you issue a SEC-regulated communication that your morning coffee was "certain", if billions of dollars of investor money depended on the coffee?

This is why investor communications tend to come on Forms 8-K, with appropriate disclaimers regarding contingent events. So there is no misunderstanding that might hurt your stockholders.

I don’t drink coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.