Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All shareholders should be able to vote regardless of nationality. Perhaps your brokerage has lent your shares to a short seller. In that case, the party that bought the shares from the short seller is the one who would vote what you thought were your shares. Check with your brokerage regarding that possibility. Also check with Tesla Investor Relations: Contact Investor Relations | Tesla, Inc.

I've a suitably high GTC sell order on most of my shares, set in there's a sneaky short-squeeze while I'm on the toilet, or something. AFAIK, if you have a pending order they cannot lend them?

Evidently, predicting that TSLA will gap up and go with each ER and several times during the quarter is.
Reliable doesn't mean correct.

A coin flip is perfectly unreliable because out of 100 predictions, approx. 50 will be wrong, so you can't use that signal for anything. On the other hand, Spiegel, Chanos, Andrew Left, Montana Skeptic, and @myusername, to use just a few examples, are quite reliable. They are reliably wrong (i.e., to make money, just do the opposite).

I don't think anyone here hates you. While I frequently mock TT007 I don't hate him either. I simply object to the tone of educated authority from someone whose predictions are significantly less reliable than a coin flip.

I don't think anyone here hates you VA. While I frequently mock TT007 I don't hate him either. I simply object to the tone of educated authority from someone whose predictions are significantly less reliable than a coin flip.
That's a pretty unique place to be. I think TT007 is the only other person I can think of who is kind of in that situation. At least you aren't alone.:)

And people wonder why he stopped posting here...

That's a pretty unique place to be. I think TT007 is the only other person I can think of who is kind of in that situation. At least you aren't alone.:)
I’m long, but I like that you can’t tell. Equally hated by bulls and bears alike. What a dream come true.

Oh! You must be a Moderator.

Purchased 335 weekly calls as lottos. We've been holding above 329.99, if it maintains itself as support we could shoot up to 337. Not an advice, purely a gambool.

Edit: I paid 1.08
How many did you buy? Or give us a hypothetical number. I want to learn for future usage. Can you walk us through process, cost, potential profit or loss. Thanks!
(I’m a long. My largest holding. I add shares when it dips. Recently added at $299.98. I think TSLA hits $600 this year).

A coin flip is perfectly unreliable because out of 100 predictions, approx. 50 will be wrong.

No coin flip result is right or wrong. It's random--with a well-balanced coin, at least.

Also, when making predictions based on a coin flip, the fact that approximately 50 out of 100 will be wrong is what makes it reliable. Not unreliable.

#wemaybeslightlyofftopicnow

No coin flip result is right or wrong. It's random--with a well-balanced coin, at least.

Precisely. I never said anything about right or wrong. In fact, that very distinction was my whole point.

Also, when making predictions based on a coin flip, the fact that approximately 50 out of 100 will be wrong is what makes it reliable. Not unreliable.

Reliably uncertain. Reliably unreliable.

Turtles all the way down, man.

#wemaybeslightlyofftopicnow
#slightlyisanunderstatement :).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.