Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why ? Not a rhetorical question. I doubt the 300 will hold, though.

You and I thought it wasn’t going to hold today, but it did. Fostering momentum works. The Bloomberg tracker is giving the precise momentum we need.

Holding each other hands won’t get us anywhere. Get out there and push back.

Unfortunately the narrative is not in your hands or my hands. It is in the hands of FUDsters and scamsters running NYT, WSJ, LAT, BI, Chanos and others.

If they chose to ignore all the good things around production and quality and demand and only keep the string of negative stories in spotlight, there is nothing you can do about it.

Tomorrow if Business Insider decides to run a story based on 'two inside sources' about how Tesla employees run gambling, prostitution and drug rings and have no regard for quality, that will get picked up by other outfits like AP, Rueters et all and they will run that story to ground for two weeks. So if these guys decide they can keep at these stories for another 6 months, one a week. So even if Tesla hits 10k/week all AWD M3 by end of Q4, the news outfit can choose to conveniently ignore it.

Muskovites can cry and shout from your proverbial roof-tops - TMC, Elecktrek, Teslarati, Musk twitter accounts - all of that will be drowned by the noise these FUDsters make.

Sick!
People familiar with the boards thinking are saying Hunter S. Thompson is Elon's choice for Tesla COO, and Warren Zevon will be performing at the gigafactory next week. They also say that Marty's got the lawyers and guns, Elon's got the money. Wait something just hit the fan.

4637551D-A68A-4080-AB5B-9E616720EED5.png

·
1s

$TSLA this could be the beginning of something beautiful

Good. You’re learning. In my experience, if you know a lot about some news story, chances are very good that the story gets it wrong. So, that would imply that most news stories are wrong.

My dislike of journalist started when one of them interviewed me for a local story that I was involved in and decided to twist the facts to some sensationalist crap that fits the narratives that people want to hate on. Since it is a local paper, they didn't even quote the "According to people familiar with the situation." instead they just outright lied and twisted the facts.

If you are being interviewed by professional journalist, you are being used by them to gain status or money. Want to know if the majority of the journalists are bullshitting or not? Get interviewed yourself.

I agree. But you can’t discount the fact that Elon is already legally in a bind, and that will make things very unpredictable. The fact that we don’t know what’s going on is enough for shorts to capitalize. Their tactics are working, choose to wait and see at our own peril, or don’t take chances and push back.

My honest feeling is that we do a lot of whining and crying on this forum. It does absolutely zero good to whine and cry here. Do it elsewhere so it’ll spread. The drop is partly us to blame, we just don’t fight as hard. Shorts on the other hand are using a lot of creativity to win. It’s physcological as much as it is anything else, this is evident in Jesse’s explanation on how shorts function.

I’m down on starting a campaign to fight off the FUD and the immoral shorts. We all are sick of it. I think a lot of us here would do that for the sake of Tesla’s success if nothing else. If you or someone here would carefully formulate a good strategy, a simple, effective, easy to execute business plan, many here will participate.

I am curious what should Musk do short of stock trading course? If you look into history of most MBO and LBOs you will see that almost all of them have spike, fall, and final spike in between privatization phases.

Bulls jump the wagon, inflate price and leave retails hanging up. Shorts press from below and start rocking stock price, in the same moment since bulls leave (some completely because stock "departs") you get money outflow and stock price drop. More often than not stock price's spike/drop is 20% or even more. These are the last drops traders squeezes from the fading, or dying stock.

Start of privatization is 8K with the offer. There is none yet. Price rush was completely premature and unwarranted.
Musk announced the beginning of privatization procedure.. Such announcement is usually a "leak" 2-3 weeks before offer. This time is necessary for mutual funds to clean up stables in controllable manner. It's the same story every time, if I recall in Tesla Solar City merger it took even longer time, because Musk had started openly "too early".
That's a great point. Truth is, it may not have mattered what Elon did or how he did it. This may have played out the same either way. I think since he tweeted the news suddenly during trading hours, people were caught totally off guard without time to think about what to do. OTM LEAPs crashed suddenly. A lot of people were really in crisis mode, both on the short and the long side, about what to do as values were crashing around them (and rising for others.) It would have allowed everyone a little more planning about what to do if the news was at least announced after the market closed.

·
8s

$TSLA very tricky right here Good probability today being the bottom although would not rule out another bear attack tomorrow /real soon Unless it takes off soon decisively might be more sideways movement until the final buyout run up Best to keep an open mind one day at a time

This may be your most measured post ever.:cool:

·
8s

$TSLA very tricky right here Good probability today being the bottom although would not rule out another bear attack tomorrow /real soon Unless it takes off soon decisively might be more sideways movement until the final buyout run up Best to keep an open mind one day at a time
Ok, that's really reasonable TT007. I had to double check that it was you.

That's a great point. Truth is, it may not have mattered what Elon did or how he did it. This may have played out the same either way. I think since he tweeted the news suddenly during trading hours, people were caught totally off guard without time to think about what to do. OTM LEAPs crashed suddenly. A lot of people were really in crisis mode, both on the short and the long side, about what to do as values were crashing around them (and rising for others.) It would have allowed everyone a little more planning about what to do if the news was at least announced after the market closed.
My take is the FT article breaking the news that the Saudis had accumulated a large stake in Tesla forced the disclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.