Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like they're actually not just trying to stay in red, but stay below $314. Only another quarter or two of these games.

I'm getting more and more confident that the shorts will not run for the hills until Tesla posts profits. So within a quarter or two, they'll start running for the hills. And they will do that quickly.

Reactions: neroden
Looks like they're actually not just trying to stay in red, but stay below $314. Only another quarter or two of these games.

I'm getting more and more confident that the shorts will not run for the hills until Tesla posts profits. So within a quarter or two, they'll start running for the hills. And they will do that quickly.
I suspect they'll run for the hills soon but then come back soon enough again. I don't think that will change for a while.

We're awfully close to Max Pain not to get laser beamed towards it. I definitely wouldn't expect it to escape upwards. If there are enough hedge funds that want us below it, perhaps they have a chance to pull it off in the low volume final 30 minutes. I wouldn't bet on it though.

Not a bad close. I am happy with it even though it did not break the level before the delivery announcement.
But, we finished higher than last Friday’s close during a week when “horrible” news was reported. The shorts have got to be pretty discouraged at this point - they received the news they thought they wanted earlier this week, but they did not get the stock market reaction they wanted (as hard as they tried to decimate the stock price this week). The challenge, in my view, for the shorts going forward is their story is falling apart. With respect to the M3, the original script was Elon will never be able to produce the car. Then, when he did start to produce the car, it was he will never be able to produce it in significant numbers and the build quality will be bad. As we are now getting very positive reviews on build quality, the build quality part of the narrative will need to go away. The short’s last strangle hold is the inability to produce in numbers. Well, even though Elon pushed out by another quarter getting to 5,000/week, there is significant evidence that Tesla is ramping, and the ramp continues to get stronger (lots of invites went out this week). The shorts are fighting a losing battle - at this point it is not if Tesla can produce a high quality mass market car, it is just a question of when it can produce in the numbers that the street wants. I would much rather be on the “when” side than the “if” side.

Last edited:
I tell you, if I was a short, and I could not get the stock to drop below 310 on what they thought was horrible M3 news, I would cover and run NOW! There is just no way the stock is going below 300 at this point. The bummer for us is if the ramp was ahead of schedule with 5k/week by mid February, the stock would probably be over 350 right now. I'm sure it will get there by summer. Hopefully there will be something good in the ER report to cause a pop next month. Otherwise it will be a slow and steady grind. But it ain't going down....

What is that jump to 319AH ?
Any news ?

Edit: and back to 316.40

Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 6.45.40 PM.png

Best I can tell, it was a trader flunking after-hours trading by not putting in a suitable limit on his buy request. Often we see late prints which reflect delayed postings of transactions, but at no time did TSLA trade above 319 today.

• Informative
Reactions: 2virgule5
Status
Not open for further replies.