Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer the ignore list if that is a menace
HA! You actually just conceded the point.... or English isn't your first luggage.
You basically just said that you would prefer the ignore list if lying or misrepresenting is likely to cause harm; a threat or danger. (the definition of menace if you google it)

Actually you should be ban if you are outright lying and that will happen pretty quickly.
If you just mistyped or the thought didn't make it to text in the way you meant then just like Elon you now understand how easy it is to have errors slip by. You've lost your argument and we can move on.

I'll concede that Tesla is not going to double production from last quarter unless they start cranking out like what.... 8000-10000 a week from here on out. I think the structure of the sentence could have been better but it appears that the investors here understood delivery is what was meant. The investors are who Elon is trying to reach. Shorts and trolls are not relevant. They seem to pile on when the stock is at the bottom.

Me, @AudubonB and @Intl Professor are moderators devoted to this part of the forum, but I am inactive at the moment due to work commitments. I had already answered this question earlier today, you asking it three times is the sort of thing that makes me inactive.
Sorry, it means to me nobody takes care of this most important thread, so much trolling, fuds, etc, and nobody reacts timely to prevent it.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: AndreN and KarenRei
One does not simply make such a mistake again and again, are we living in a banana world? Is actually anyone reading Elons communication before it gets out? They've learnt nothing from all the FUD so far. Communicate properly @ Tesla. What if Apple would make such a 'tipo' as you call it - would be a disaster

I missed this the first time so....
2hgr18.jpg

all this bla bla.... let's stop basing our financial decisions on an individual and look at the numbers. Its obvious the stock was inflated and was due to Tesla not being profitable. Investors were betting on Elons production claims and didn't look at the hard data right in front of them. What will the next few weeks bring is unknown but we are about to see a company that hasn't been profitable in years about to have a breakthrough. I thought the stocks seen the bottom at around 270. It was fairly suprising to see it hold that high. Then the CEO starts smoking weed in front of the world and the stocks react. I didn't see that coming... LOL Need to look at the big picture. The real Data. Because in the end that's all that matters
the numbers and the numbers dont lie. Just picked up some shares at 260. I feel as if it might fall a little but not much more. The numbers dont lie.

Some thoughts...

"building and delivering" this is starting to sound like the "factory gate" discussion. I think the simplest explanation is the real one... they delivered double the cars. Please no-one think Tesla just set itself another goal, whose failure or success can then be discussed over and over.

Jerome... as we should expect from Elon, Elon is still the boss. It remains to be seen how much Jerome will actually interface with the public. Will he start to do interviews? Will he start tweeting Tesla news? Will he introduce Elon at the start of the Model Y reveal, or, actually carry out the Model Y reveal? Will Jerome answer questions at the ER conference call? Will Elon just trample all over him at any opportunity? How all this is managed will guide how the media and investment community really believe that there is a COO. If Jerome is doing some of the talking, there will be a logical conclusion that Elon is getting some rest. Whether that's true or not may never be proven :)

The joint smoking (or spliff, or whatever it was) won't have any lasting effect, but it will become legendary of course. Joe Rogan is going to get a lot of hits from that. (no pun untended)

Last edited:
Reactions: SpaceCash
Boy Tesla is undervalued, if they do 400000 model 3 next year at ASP of 45K with 25% gross margin that is 4.5 billions gross profit just from Model 3, But I guess short sellers are courageous bunch of people they will wait until last minutes like AMD stock
The cash flow makes one's mind boggle at the current SP. Kinda makes Tesla's total debt look like pocket change.

OK, that's fair, but the vast majority of people can't handle the "startup life" for more than ten years straight. Even those who like the "startup life" generally get bored doing it at *one company* for ten years. And the chaos is frankly incompatible with having 40,000 employees.

Tesla needs to make the transition to "not a startup" so that it can get enough employees and manage them properly. I'm not sure what the next stage after "not a startup" is (it's not "mature", there's definitely stages in between).

By all accounts it is different, and it's down to Shotwell, basically. The differences are subtle.
A company can be efficient without being in the "scrambling startup" mode. Many successful companies were not even in the "scrambling startup" mode to begin with - for example, Saleforce and Arista Networks. A company can certainly achieve its objectives timely and execute efficiently while keeping the life and work balance. The "scrambling startup" mode doesn't mean it's more effective. Yes, it can achieve an objective in the shortest possible time. But it usually also comes with duplicate efforts, inside fighting, and scrambling to recover problems from lack of planning and time required for integration. Tesla itself provides many examples, such as the recent M3 delivery issues, and M3 battery automation - only finding out the battery module automation problem right before it is supposed to start mass production.

The efficiency of every company all goes down as the size grows, just by the nature of extra communications and reduced average talents. But it's easier for a process-oriented company to compensate the lost efficiency than a human-oriented scrambling style. If you know Tesla engineers, you would know Tesla is not effective, especially for those employees who are not in the path of focused products.

To Elon's credit, he has been able to solve problems effectively created by the scrambling style. No one except him can achieve so much and grow Tesla to this extent running in the "scrambling startup" mode. That's why it's impossible to find Elon's substitute, no one can operate in this mode at this scale.

With his apparent issues - gone are the days of good use of twitter, such as calling for talents to join the autonomous driving team, Elon can now initiate a damage any time, even within days. It's sad to see this for any of his admirers. Just hope the just- announced management change can gradually switch Tesla to the process-oriented mode. (A process-oriented company can still spear ahead with special projects running in the scrambling startup style.) So Tesla can scale up its operations and retain proven talented employees, such as Dave Morton, Doug Field, and Christian Laettner (Apple Swift, quit after half a year).

Last edited:
A company can be efficient without being in the "scrambling startup" mode. Many successful companies were not even in the "scrambling startup" mode to begin with - for example, Saleforce and Arista Networks. A company can certainly achieve its objectives timely and execute efficiently while keeping the life and work balance. The "scrambling startup" mode doesn't mean it's more effective. Yes, it can achieve an objective in the shortest possible time. But it usually also comes with duplicate efforts, inside fighting, and scrambling to recover problems from lack of planning and time required for integration. Tesla itself provides many examples, such as the recent M3 delivery issues, and M3 battery automation - only finding out the battery module automation problem right before it is supposed to start mass production.

The efficiency of every company all goes down as the size grows, just by the nature of extra communications and reduced average talents. But it's easier for a process-oriented company to compensate the lost efficiency than a human-oriented scrambling style. If you know Tesla engineers, you would know Tesla is not effective, especially for those employees who are not in the path of focused products.

To Elon's credit, he has been able to solve problems effectively created by the scrambling style. No one except him can achieve so much and grow Tesla to this extent running in the "scrambling startup" mode. That's why it's impossible to find Elon's substitute, no one can operate in this mode at this scale.

With his apparent issues - gone are the days of good use of twitter, such as calling for talents to join the autonomous driving team, Elon can now initiate a damage any time, even within days. It's sad to see this for any of his admirers. Just hope the just- announced management change can gradually switch Tesla process-oriented mode. (A process-oriented company can still spear ahead with special projects running in the scrambling startup style.) So Tesla can scale up its operations and retain proven talented employees, such as Dave Morton, Doug Field, and Christian Laettner (Apple Swift, quit after half a year).
What is your point or points exactly?

So short interest went up.

At these low prices.

So some of today's price action may well have been new shorts jumping in and selling to smarter shorts that are covering at a damn good price to cover at.
I KNEW yesterday's anecdotes about short interest decreasing were fake news. FUD. I bit my tongue about it because I didn't have receipts but I could tell by the way the info came up in the forum that it was bullshit.

Short Squeeze VERY much on deck

Status
Not open for further replies.