Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s pretty obvious he is referring to deliveries, as a doubling of production is not realistic. I wouldn’t call that a lie, but rather a typo. A lie implies intent, which wouldn’t make any sense.

One does not simply make such a mistake again and again, are we living in a banana world? Is actually anyone reading Elons communication before it gets out? They've learnt nothing from all the FUD so far. Communicate properly @ Tesla. What if Apple would make such a 'tipo' as you call it - would be a disaster

We are about to have the most amazing quarter in our history, building and delivering more than twice as many cars as we did last quarter.'

I do not think we need to argue about the sense of this sentence, do we? He clearly wrote ..., building and delivering twice as many than,

What does this mean? Clearly, theyve also built twice as many. Problem : it is not possible. Therefore a lie and a misleading sentence in my view

Not sure if this is still in response to me, but my comment was a joke. It's pretty clear that that sentence was mistaken. I don't see much of a reason to "lie" with something like this.

In terms of what he meant to say, there's a few options: either 1. he meant to also mention the scaling of production but forgot to, 2. He deleted it but forgot to delete the "built" or 3. he meant that they built twice as many as they sold last quarter(or just mixed up the numbers and accidentally compared both with sold)

It's plainly obvious that Tesla isn't producing 6500+ Model 3's per week on average, and Elon *just* tweeted what's essentially a confirmation that it's much lower than that, what, yesterday?

EDIT: I see another post by you while I was writing this, and you seem to be pretty worked up over it. Let me ask you: Who, exactly, do you believe is being misled by that sentence? Who is going to see that and take it at face value that they must be producing 6500+ Model 3's, regardless of evidence even Musk has put out?

I'm less than sure about that, at least depending on which audience you're talking about. The general public appears to continue to adore him. Look at the merchandise for the Boring Co, or the lifestyle section of the Tesla store. They sold out 20k flamethrowers in a matter of hours. Ditto with a surfboard and a relatively expensive wireless phone charger. Those types of merchandise are entirely dependent on name and reputation. Clearly neither have been damaged particularly badly.

Musk featured on NBC Nightly News smoking pot. Just have to laugh. I thought green meant money and eco friendly...

One does not simply make such a mistake again and again, are we living in a banana world? Is actually anyone reading Elons communication before it gets out? They've learnt nothing from all the FUD so far. Communicate properly @ Tesla. What if Apple would make such a 'tipo' as you call it - would be a disaster
So which one of the recently banned trolls are you with a new account?

Not trolling, anybody can check my post history, does anyone knows who is the moderator in this thread?
Me, @AudubonB and @Intl Professor are moderators devoted to this part of the forum, but I am inactive at the moment due to work commitments. I had already answered this question earlier today, you asking it three times is the sort of thing that makes me inactive.

• Informative
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
That is true, problem is from the statement it says that they've also built twice as many which implies a weekly m3 production of 6500

That is an outright lie by your standards. What a hypocrite.

The actual is, "We are about to have the most amazing quarter....".

I guess now you see how easy it is to make a simple error. You can either recognize that point or go on the ignore list.

• Helpful
Reactions: EarlyAdopter
Apologies, ggr, I copy-pasted the whole text up-thread. Didn’t realise I was being naughty... I tried to edit, but past the time limit.

I don’t think Elon minds that we post it here, I suspect it’s what he would actually want...
No worries about that one... an Investor Relations letter is meant to get wide distribution and is not considered sensitive. But posting an entire article from behind a paywall, such as Bloomberg or (ackkk, phhhht) Seeking Alpha, is a definite nono.

We are about to have the most amazing quarter in our history, building and delivering more than twice as many cars as we did last quarter.'

I do not think we need to argue about the sense of this sentence, do we? He clearly wrote ..., building and delivering twice as many than,

What does this mean? Clearly, theyve also built twice as many. Problem : it is not possible. Therefore a lie and a misleading sentence in my view
Pretty hard to deliver a car you didn't build first. They built the cars, and they're delivering twice as many this quarter as last. You don't get to call this a lie.

or people could just use the existing Ignore feature and stop requesting new features be added to the forum software.

Yeah, I do. But trolls are joining same day and flooding the forum with garbage. Would think a time delay on posts might be a simple way out, but if too complicated forget it. Thanks.

Well, since you're being all technical about it - "and" is a conjunctive. Meaning both must be true. So, building and delivering means that the vehicle was both built and delivered during the quarter. So, you're actually incorrect.

Semantics aside, however, none of that matters. What matters is how many cars are delivered because that's what brings in the $$.

Status
Not open for further replies.