Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Marcus, I'm slowly getting the bigger picture.
Well, I don't really worry about the shorts since I intend to accumulate and stay long.

I guess I should note here that I’m a lot less convinced on the culpability of shorts in the current negativity than(I think) most here, and certainly less than Musk. As I see it, the negativity traces back to individual journalists and editors support of unions rather than shorts.

My theory about the sudden $9 jump starting at 11:37am... Electrek have gotten themselves onto the radar of a great deal more short sellers recently, due to their ambiguous TSLA headlines and coverage getting more re-tweets & coverage among the bear community.

When something solidly positive comes out like this, and would appear to indicate the demise of the bear thesis, there were probably some weaker (or, put another way, lucky) shorts who decided to close or reduce their positions - simply because they monitor the site directly now, whereas 3 months ago they never did.

My theory about the sudden $9 jump starting at 11:37am... Electrek have gotten themselves onto the radar of a great deal more short sellers recently, due to their ambiguous TSLA headlines and coverage getting more re-tweets & coverage among the bear community.

When something solidly positive comes out like this, and would appear to indicate the demise of the bear thesis, there were probably some weaker (or, put another way, lucky) shorts who decided to close or reduce their positions - simply because they monitor the site directly now, whereas 3 months ago they never did.

And here we go again.

And as soon as the German auto maker makes something comparable to Tesla, dependable uncle Elon can start producing the next generation car with better batteries and other specs leaving the Germans in the dust... And again lead the pack with a superior product.

Me thinks Tesla will announce Model S 2.0 shortly after Taycan lands at Porsche stealerships.

download.jpg

Dem short about too get a tight squeeze

Me thinks Tesla will announce Model S 2.0 shortly after Taycan lands at Porsche stealerships.
probably true. But, re the Taycan from what has leaked about pricing it might just be one of the most reasonable products v performance they have released since the Boxster. Although, a nice lightly used Cayman GT4 can be had for very reasonable amounts these days and MAN can it be whipped around Laguna Seca.

yes please, those cars will be DOA

For the same reason that there’s no such thing as a Tesla Killer, the Taycan will sell as many as they make. Even if it isn’t as good as a Tesla—and I suspect it won’t be— it’ll be much better than ICE cars in that price range. It won’t conquer Tesla, it’ll conquer Tesla’s competitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.