Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I feel really terrible about Tesla I remind myself to reconsider it from the point of view of buying more stock.

Since their execution is progressing, I also remind myself that the current price can be a bargain also if it is higher than previous buying opportunities - since the uncertainty regarding the future has diminished since then.

PS. Did you mean that for every dozen of your shares you sold two?

Yes, this settlement was unexpectedly. Even tough the most shares i have bought was in the 200 Range.

So now that this is gone, what's our thinking on a possible DOJ suite and the fate of the investors' (shorts) suites?

I think the DOJ action is a very low possibility now (just a WAG, not an expert) but do the class actions against Musk have more fuel now that he has accepted penalties? He did not have to admit wrong doing, but paid a fine and lost a position.

Without Me by Marshall Mathers Musk III

I've created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Mr. Musk no more
They want Elon, I'm chopped liver
Well if you want Elon, then this is what I'll give ya
A little bit of weed mixed with some hard liquor
Some vodka that will jump start my heart quicker
Then a shot when I get shocked at the hospital
By the doctor when I'm not cooperating
When I'm shooting my rockets while he's operating "Hey"
You waited this long to stop debating
'Cause I'm back, I'm on the street and fraudulating
You should get a job Ms. Chanos
'Cause your husband's one is getting complicated
So the S-E-C won't let me be or let me be me so let me see
They tried to shut me down on W-S-J
But it feels so empty without me
So come on and dip, low in the morning
F*** that, dump on your shorts and some on you haters
And get ready 'cause this s*** is about to get heavy
I just settled all my lawsuits, "F*** you, Wall Street!"

Now this looks like a job for me
So everybody just follow me
'Cause we need a little controversy
'Cause it feels so empty without me
I said, this looks like a job for me
So everybody just follow me
'Cause we need a little controversy
'Cause it feels so empty without me

Last edited:
Why in the world would an OCR version be needed? No one uses documents that can only be printed on paper these days. At least I assume that the SEC uses computer generated documents that can be printed, or at least be "printed" to a pdf.

Maybe it is a standard procedure to ensure that older versions of the document are not embedded, something that occasionally has become a painful problem,

The NSA on How to Redact - Schneier on Security

Of all the people to support Elon, wasn't expecting this

Newt Gingrich on Twitter
Actually Newt has always been pro American business, jobs, and innovation. In my opinion people make a huge mistake by assuming generalities based on politics...either way. Tesla has appeal to ALL political persuasions. Obviously they support and drive the electric movement and thus threaten the fossil fuel and automotive industries. This typically has traction with the left. But, they also are a virtually all American company which supplies American jobs, supports the American economy and advances the influence of the American business sector in international venues. Typically pros for the right. I think it is a big mistake to assume that Tesla only has value and appeal to one side of the political isle or the other.

Dan

• Funny
Reactions: M|S|W and AZRI11
I don't think you need anyone who could compete with Elon. This remains a one genius company with a few others, JB and Jerome who are more reserved.
I think they need a "chief risk manager". Lots of great genius optimists at Tesla... They need someone, a motivated pessimist who shares the mission, who is constantly looking for roadblocks ahead and figuring out how to preemptively remove them before they become trouble.

*sigh* maybe check my posts in the Elon Musk thread to try and estimate how wrong you might be. But this is an adequate demonstration of why your group think might also be a danger to Elon himself. Only a matter of time until he starts tweeting about unions and public transportation again.
If I could just sit him down for ten minutes and explain (from first principles!) why trains are more efficient.... Grrr. We badly need cheaper tunneling, but just put trains in the tunnels, Elon. Trains are the only method of passenger transportation over land ever to make a fully-loaded (capital, maintenance of entire route and buildings, etc. etc.) profit, and there are physics first principles reasons for that.

(P.S. We could use more battery electric trains.)

Last edited:
If I could just sit him down for ten minutes and explain (from first principles!) why trains are more efficient.... Grrr. We badly need cheaper tunneling, but just put trains in the tunnels, Elon. Trains are the only method of passenger transportation over land ever to make a fully-loaded (capital, maintenance of entire route and buildings, etc. etc.) profit, and there are physics first principles reasons for that.

(P.S. We could use more battery electric trains.)

The problem with trains is railroad companies. I once sent a piece of equipment on a 700 mile train trip (that would have been 2 days by truck), and the railroad lost it for 18 months. Never admitted where it was all that time (faceless, unaccountable corporate bureaucracy) when they delivered it as a rusting hulk that had obviously spent 2 winters outside in the wet. And it was a further 2 years to repair, and at great expense.

I have never, ever, allowed anything to be shipped by train again.

The problem with trains is railroad companies. I once sent a piece of equipment on a 700 mile train trip (that would have been 2 days by truck), and the railroad lost it for 18 months. Never admitted where it was all that time (faceless, unaccountable corporate bureaucracy) when they delivered it as a rusting hulk that had obviously spent 2 winters outside in the wet. And it was a further 2 years to repair, and at great expense.

I have never, ever, allowed anything to be shipped by train again.

That entirely misses the point. And that's North American heavy rail, which has notoriously inefficient processes. (Those same processes are what makes Amtrak's service outside of a couple of corridors so mediocre, because they use the freight rails and are secondary to the freight traffic, in most of the US.)

@neroden's point is that the laws of physics greatly favor trains for efficient passenger service, as opposed to minibuses and personal cars (what The Boring Company currently proposes to send down their tunnels). And, there's tons of examples of successful passenger train services around the world.

Not necessarily, iirc last time Musk tweeted about it almost immediately. Guess tweeting is out of the picture

C8961FE1-CA5F-4A1C-88FC-BFD16AC26FF5.jpeg

I’m so sick and tired of gender bias. Hire the best person who has integrity, PERIOD!
Maye Musk? A single mom of three knows how to get things done! Value added: she knows how to whip Elon into shape when necessary :D
great suggestion!

I would prefer a chairperson that has no ambition or intention of becoming CEO.

Status
Not open for further replies.