Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As such I think Tesla would send an important signal to its buyers by allowing at least some (well optioned) SR day one reservation holders to configure in time for delivery this year.

I would guess that what we will see is the first SR models must take PuP and AWD, so with anything other than black paint it will be a $46,000+ car. Still lots of profit there. And, many of those people will probably add EAP, for even better margins. If the stock would have behaved properly for the past 6 months, that is what I would be ordering for my wife.

Yes, it was really good, but who's the idiot on the right (with the white shirt and tie) that started mouthing-off halfway through, super annoying!

Especially when he started spouting off that FUD about "you still are using gas to generate the electricity to charge it". He is evidently listening to too much short and anti-EV chatter to be rational about it. I wish Ron would have addressed that, but he did do a good job at killing some of the other FUD.

The two new members would need to be on it too. Remember the current BoD are the ones who did not put these rules in place in 2013 or after. Why would you put them in charge of writing the rules now?

I think the SEC got 90+% of what it was after (which was primarily to set a deterrent precedent to discourage other publicly traded companies from engaging in similar conduct while minimizing damage to existing TSLA shareholders, employees, and customers). I also think the SEC doesn't have the resources nor desire for micro-managing Tesla going forward. Murdoch and Johnson Rice were added in July 2017. The tendency is for new kids on the block not to be too assertive until they get familiar with the neighborhood.

(Also, not advocating those three comprise the Committee.)

I know the graph is sales and not market share, but the title of the graph is misleading.

Informative post though, not an attack.

Apologies--I misread your comment initially. Yes, I had the graph (vs the upper data which is what I thought you meant) mislabeled. Just corrected and will be reflected on my next update.

Trying to trigger margin calls...lots of folks leveraged margin to buy last Friday and on other such dips (sales). Market movers want to force folks to give some shares back at a decent price. Selling is often not by weak longs....it’s strong longs who get a touch too much leveraged to capitalize on a great sale (like last Friday’s) and Mr. Market is a spiteful SOB if retail investors get too good of a deal.

My last check showed max pain for the week at around $295. Not enough news to push volume to a level that takes max pain out of the equation.

Have a hard time not seeing this as a buying opp. Where are the risks here compared to where TSLA was two years ago?

Think this is still hangover effect from a 45 point pop to a degree. Truth is, technicals exist and it is hard to figure them out for TSLA right now. They definitely got trashed with all the nonsense over the past week. Need a basing period.

The quarter was HUGE, next quarter will be HUGER, rinse, repeat.

And then next year, for sure there's some debt to deal with, but also we get some capex amortisation off our backs too.

And the joker card in all of this is that Elon could probably easily borrow the money and lend to Tesla to repay whatever.
The SP movement indicates few believe Q3 will be hugely profitable...

Status
Not open for further replies.