Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it would be a preference (presumably the BoD is not anticipating a near-term bankruptcy) and as I recall the minimum cash requirement triggers off, inter alia, current debt, so it shouldn't hit that either.
Ok. I was thinking using cash to pay off unsecured creditors early would reduce the Borrowing Base (and irritate the secured creditors.) IMO, the idea that an early, gratuitous repayment would impress the Market and juice the share price is fatuous. A higher share price helps primarily when Tesla is doing an equity raise. Tesla has far more productive uses of that $920 million over the next five months

Last edited:
It's the only way (apart from privatization, and we saw how that went). Simultaneously kills the bankruptcy argument and makes it much easier to borrow to fund expansion.

Just don't expect a single profitable quarter to do the trick.

Why should that change the fundamentals of the current situation? Tesla will not pay any dividend any time soon, so if you consequently keep the stock price down and destroy every faith from the ground up why should the price rise?

But it is going to be a long, slow process. Look how long people have KNOWN cigarette smoking causes cancer and still keep on smoking. These are the people you expect to quit their ICE habits overnight? Yeah, uh huh :D

I agree with your other points, but I'd like to disagree here: the amazing thing is EVs like Teslas, despite lacking the economies of scale of millions of units, are already significantly superior to every comparable ICE car, in every metric, to over 90% of the new car customers.

I.e. my thesis is that due to this the EV transition is going to happen incredibly fast not because people care about the environment, but because people genuinely want a superior car, and once there's a Tesla in their favorite form factor that's affordable, they convert and never go back to ICE cars, ever again.

ICE cars are not the cigarettes that are bad for your health but to which you secretly go back because you enjoy them.

Instead ICE cars are the old trailer and stinky outhouse you move out of after winning the lottery, replacing them with a modern luxury home with full amenities. Once you enter your new home you'll never look back.

If out of nostalgia you visit the old trailer after three months, it's all awkward, embarrassing, surprisingly limiting, and you don't fully remember how it all works anymore.

At this point I'll also make a bold prediction: ICE cars are never going to catch up ever again, it is downhill from now on, until they reach horse carriage economic status in 10-20-30 years.

I think you'll fully appreciate this competitive advantage of Tesla cars once your new Model 3 Performance arrives! :D

Let's face it: The shorts have endless pockets and no interest in profit. They just want to harm Tesla.

What could be the end of this game then? How could the shorts be stopped?
- get massive line of credit for rainy day
- get killer chairman
- less tweets
- up guidance
- get investment from AMZN and Berkshire
- announce 3 year succession plan. In 3 years JB (or similar) replaces Elon and Elon resume chair position :)

Hmmmm.....I see a $3 gain in AH:rolleyes:
Where do you see a dip - looks like it closed at 304, up from the normal hours close.

The treatment of the workers by the subcontractor was really bad. So, not surprised.
What dip? I hardly see anything here that counts as a dip in that time period (5:55PM PT).
:confused::oops::oops: I guess these old eyes (or mind) betrayed me. I swear that I saw a dip. :(

Other than the independence and 45 day replacement requirements, has there been any specific conditions set by the SEC on the candidate profile or selection process? I.e. Would a slate of candidates have to be screened by the SEC or any other similar (and over reaching) restriction?[/QUOTE]

I'm curious about this as well. IF the SEC was bowing to outside influences how much of a leash do they expect to have?

Reactions: Ulmo
Here's a heads up that I've started a thread last night where we exchange information and ultimately file complaints with the SEC regarding perceived illegal activities with TSLA trading that violate national securities law. Please take a look and better yet, participate.
thanks!

Join push for SEC Investigation of TSLA manipulators and inside traders

BTW., beyond moving the goalposts note the sleight of hand shorts are performing there as well: the real financial metric to look for is what led to Amazon's meteoric rise: which is not profits but cash generation ability.

And that's going to be a huge story in Q3: over 1 billion dollars of cash generated, ~$600m of that invested into payments for Model 3 lines, the rest positive cash flow in the $600m-$700m range:

Are you referring to the current 3 lines, the GF1 cell/ pack lines, and or the new Chinese ones? I thought the Fremont side of things had already been paid for.

Classic capping underway right now at 295. Shorty didn't want to lose all their progress today.
oct3classiccap.JPG

One thing concerns me, iirc tsla diverted some of the battery lines originally devoted to power pack/wall to model 3 to keep the production pace. But panasonic is only installing three more lines in GF1, presumably for model 3. Whey aren't they installing 2 more for power pack/wall?

The present 10 lines have an output of 20 GWh, the 3 extra lines have a higher output and will bring the total to 35 GWh at the end of this year. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Edit: GWh instead of GW.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.