Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't assume anything short term, especially as close as tomorrow.

But I see this below happening now

The market thinks we're going to miss M3 2500/wk target significantly, because Bloomberg has been estimating <1000/wk.

However our own data shows the following:
  • 3 batches totaling ~4500 VIN registered in 3 weeks
  • new massive invitation batch sent today
  • VIN assignment scaling to 1500-1900/wk production
  • delivery centers packed till end of month, 4 large sites in CA and TX alone delivering ~700+ M3/week
Basically every box that can indicate a good ramp has been ticked. Plus we removed one major long term risk of Elon not staying with Tesla.

I think the market is completely blind to all these M3 ramp signals, and this presents a golden opportunity. I would buy shares and hold into April and see what shakes out after the delivery report. I still wouldn't use margin, short term options since macro is too volatile and can drag us down at any time.

Could you please provide support for “massive?” Is there a way to know how how big the invitation batch is?

What if the manual line alone is doing 2000 and the grohmann line is firing out battery packs at an every increasing pace?

I don’t think the manuautomated line rate matters much tbh... margin on that line is probably low, if not negative. Best replaced quickly.

I think the status of Grohmann lines will matter a great deal to SP. The sooner Tesla can get the 3x to 4x efficient line up and running, and maybe even replicate it in 3Q18 or 4Q18, then you’re talking $400+ and maybe even $500 once it’s all stable and Fremont has caught up.

DaveT, glad to see your post. Whenever there are days like today I like going to your thread List of articles/megaposts by DaveT. It is music to my ears away from this short term noise.

Yeah lots of short term noise. In the bigger picture, Tesla is in the best place they've ever been. The Model 3 is fantastic. And production is increasing. I'm bullish as ever.

OK, I'm probably too thick, but I don't get this...
I was talking about Trump as 'he', are you implying the Orange one is of neutral gender and I should have used 'it' in reference instead of 'he' ?

Cut it out, guys. Some of us are old enough to take this stuff personally. After two direct assaults on my cardio-vascular system and untold damage caused by diabetes and a generally slothful lifestyle, gender identification may be an important category but my shifter is definitely in neutral.

Cut it out, guys. Some of us are old enough to take this stuff personally. After two direct assaults on my cardio-vascular system and untold damage caused by diabetes and a generally slothful lifestyle, gender identification may be an important category but my shifter is definitely in neutral.

Go LCHF and potentially reverse your T2DM...

Status
Not open for further replies.