Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Bloomberg reports that Elon hired Butswinkas in SEC case Friday. Does this mean he is backing out of the settlement or just prepare for the event SEC is backing out?

I take it that Elon had some intel that SEC is going after Tesla for having to optimistic Model 3 production targets back in 2017. Probably he was just so fed up with them with attacking Tesla again. Especially given that SEC claims that "investors" got hurt by these events, when in fact SEC clearly has hurt investors more and only seem to want to protect short-sellers.

The crazy thing is... go over to the Model 3 delivery subforum. People are furious over the delivery chaos, with appointments getting cancelled four or five times on very short notice, people's fully-paid assigned-VIN cars being sold out from under them to other people, lies and contradictions from Tesla representatives, and all kinds of extremely unacceptable *sugar*. Several people have actually cancelled and demanded full refunds...

...but most people get the car, even after all that *sugar*, and say "It was worth it!". Which is astounding. Nobody would tolerate that for a Toyota or an Audi or a BMW.

This is a company that can beat all other companies in sales even while getting complaints about unacceptable customer service. I consider this an investment thesis. (I mean, I wish they *weren't* getting complaints about unacceptable customer service, but the fact that people still want the cars indicates that there's something exceptional going on here.)

I wish Tesla could get the rest of their *sugar* together. They make amazing cars (go Franz), they mass-produce them, they have Superchargers, now they just need to do all the stuff *other* companies do well. This should be the easy part, but apparently it's not.

They do make amazing products, and that in itself is worth the troubles. And I agree that Tesla needs to improve here, and they will...

But this is what happens when you fast forward your production two years, whereas other companies would delay their production 5 years... the delay gives you time to build and plan as you go. The fast forward of two years gives you zero time to prepare.

• Helpful
Reactions: Boomer19
If Musk decides to litigate... well, fine. He should have decided right away and *kept off of Twitter*.

Vent off in the lawyer's office, not on Twitter. Then listen to the lawyer and take his advice.

Should have gotten a good lawyer for SEC issues first thing actually. Just for sheer tactical advice if nothing else.

While Tesla and Elon Musk are dealing with their battles...well, every person on the planet is finding out about them. Results are results.
Screen Shot 2018-10-06 at 8.44.35 AM.png

Bloomberg reports that Elon hired Butswinkas in SEC case Friday.

Ha... Maybe the SEC should be the one concerned. How do they defend Wall Street's Short-selling fraud while attacking Elon? Maybe he's bringing the fight to the table and that was the point behind his SEC tweet. Folks, this is not a casual tweet, it's a heads up he's going for the jugular. I just wonder how he'll tackle the media at the same time. Haven't heard about his website in a while.

Again, he's already checked off the EV over ICE challenge. Maybe I'm giving him too much credit, but you know how people write those complex mystery movies and you just scratch your head on how anyone could possibly invent that good of a story? Maybe this is just the intermission.

I take it that Elon had some intel that SEC is going after Tesla for having to optimistic Model 3 production targets back in 2017. Probably he was just so fed up with them with attacking Tesla again. Especially given that SEC claims that "investors" got hurt by these events, when in fact SEC clearly has hurt investors more and only seem to want to protect short-sellers.
Sounds about right. This guy is claiming that Musk tweeted 5 mins after the report about SEC is going after Tesla's optimistic Model 3 production targets.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden and bdy0627
The crazy thing is... go over to the Model 3 delivery subforum. People are furious over the delivery chaos, with appointments getting cancelled four or five times on very short notice, people's fully-paid assigned-VIN cars being sold out from under them to other people, lies and contradictions from Tesla representatives, and all kinds of extremely unacceptable *sugar*. Several people have actually cancelled and demanded full refunds...

...but most people get the car, even after all that *sugar*, and say "It was worth it!". Which is astounding. Nobody would tolerate that for a Toyota or an Audi or a BMW.

This is a company that can beat all other companies in sales even while getting complaints about unacceptable customer service. I consider this an investment thesis. (I mean, I wish they *weren't* getting complaints about unacceptable customer service, but the fact that people still want the cars indicates that there's something exceptional going on here.)

I wish Tesla could get the rest of their *sugar* together. They make amazing cars (go Franz), they mass-produce them, they have Superchargers, now they just need to do all the stuff *other* companies do well. This should be the easy part, but apparently it's not.

100%

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: neroden and Nathan
Every single argument that the SEC has made or is believed to be making is exactly the short hedges talking points. There has nothing of objectivity or balanced evaluation here. Due process was not given. The actions are overly punitive and did not consider all the available information.

We’re talking about the SEC supporting shorts who foment negative action on Tesla stock by creating rumors, pay for insider information, and activity develop and manipulate news cycles to achieve financial objectives. Just watch the “Cramer manipulation” video. He literally advocated criminal activity and told his viewers they shouldn’t be in “the game” if they don’t do criminal activity because that’s how the market works. It’s systemic.

These people are criminal combatants and the SEC is not only turning a cheek, they are now actively participating in it against Tesla.

Something has to be done, or there is no future for Tesla as a company we’ve invested in. If current course is allowed to continue, Tesla will just be hostilely taken over, taken apart for its tech and talent, and assimilated into a conglomerate. It will exist in name only after that.

But yeah, stock is down. Call Oprah.

Ok, excuse my ignorance as I’m not a financial guru, bought 50 shares, long investment, 2 yea ago when I bought my model S, have enjoyed learning about the finance world through this(alone worth the price at purchase), but could Elon have shorted some shares, tweeted his opinion about the sec, then use the money of the drop to pay his fine? Or would that be insider trading?

This is unphantomable. Insider trading would have to be disclosed. He’s also speaking out harshly against shorters devaluing the company with their malicious tactics. I give this a zero chance of occurring.

Every single argument that the SEC has made or is believed to be making is exactly the short hedges talking points. There has nothing of objectivity or balanced evaluation here. Due process was not given. The actions are overly punitive and did not consider all the available information.

We’re talking about the SEC supporting shorts who foment negative action on Tesla stock by creating rumors, pay for insider information, and activity develop and manipulate news cycles to achieve financial objectives. Just watch the “Cramer manipulation” video. He literally advocated criminal activity and told his viewers they shouldn’t be in “the game” if they don’t do criminal activity because that’s how the market works. It’s systemic.

These people are criminal combatants and the SEC is not only turning a cheek, they are now actively participating in it against Tesla.

Something has to be done, or there is no future for Tesla as a company we’ve invested in. If current course is allowed to continue, Tesla will just be hostilely taken over, taken apart for its tech and talent, and assimilated into a conglomerate. It will exist in name only after that.

But yeah, stock is down. Call Oprah.

Or Elon could have not sent ill-advised tweets to begin with.

When the teacher calls and said my kids did something bad, first instinct is to slap my kids and not make excuses for them.

Disappointingly, as I'm learning, no one here wants to hear it...
I'm with you, man.....but, as I'm learning, if Elon tweets it, it's gospel...
Facts don't matter, even when they're staring them in the eyes...

Again, I hear ya, but until something devastating happens, the Kool-aid here tastes good to the true believers..
Good luck...
If you actually read the tweets from the person posting the pic she is a Tesla employee and the trucks were parked because the drivers were sleeping. I know, too simple an explanation for clueless bears.

Status
Not open for further replies.