Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
been thinking about this...
are they trying to finalize and report a week or two earlier than normal?
I think they are required by their own bylaws to release the ER within 3 business days of the first day of the following month. So the window is Nov 1-3, but Nov 3rd is a Sat. That leaves Nov 1st or 2nd for the Q3 ER.

Kinda makes me wonder if I've ruffled any *ahem* feathers. It would be kinda like the love/like/disagree counts we get. Which aren't public, but it might be amusing to know you've hit 'X' ignores...

well, a few weeks ago we started talking about what would make the forum better.
fundamentally, it’s about the quality of our posts. the responsibility lies with us. some self criticism helps, lets dissect.

F041AEAE-A587-4BBA-98C2-398AB56523E8.jpeg

- more funny than loved, and twice as funny as helpful (not something to be proud of if you’re in a forum particularly designated for information about a company, it’s products, methods, and the sleeping habits of its unapologetically deranged chairman ...~40 more days (i love elon, my posts prove it, so don’t disagree, just a joke)
- more informative than any of those 3, so maybe that’s a turnaround?
- i suppose 1/2 of the dislikes i got were from adaptabl (who doesn’t like anything), or shitheels like smokeyjerk, and other immoral characters
- the other half were from me bitching about options, or elon, after me getting wedgied, then pantsed, last month...or in retort to those who seemingly despise speculative trading (hey i believe leverage almost brought the world to an end in 2009, but a couple options here and there, ‘ain’t killing no one’). a retail piker like me isn’t moving market with his 10-20 contracts
- but as you can see, i’ve found more help than i’ve given, and almost double the information that i’ve given. this needs to improve going forward.
- i also don’t love as much as you do...i’m a little more protective of my love. but i’m warming up to you all
- i also take way too much time to disagree with trolls, the ignore button is worth the few bucks you pay to keep the forum up and proper
- people obv try to say what other people like, so, while nice to receive them (you know, the whole social media instant gratification monkey WBW feedback loop) i discount likes to the other categories.

I said hte stock was trading at $360 before Elon’s tweet - I stand corrected that it was infact $358.38c. I was a whole $1.62c off.
Read it again. $358.38 was the price at 12:54 pm which was 6 min after the tweet. I have the full Excel worksheet provided by NASDAQ. If you want to get the actual facts, just go find the download button on the link I've provided.

The price in Google's chart is an instaneous price. They refresh about every 10 seconds. The NASDAQ data at the link above is the ASP for the minute listed, so Google's SP above will not equal NASDAQ's price. Go find out for yourself. Test your confirmation bias, if you dare.

But it sounds like you're not too interested in changing your narrative. Inconvenient facts and such, when the MSM already provides such a tidy narrative just waiting to move into your cranium...

I see that. How does after or pre market trading happen. Not a financial guru here. How can the stock be bought and sold without being traded on a market. Edumacate me.
People can trade the stocks among themselves without any market whenever they want however they want (except for illegal stuff).

Since brokerage houses own the stocks as proxies for their clients, they have taken advantage of that and trade between their customers in their own brokerage houses and with other after-hours brokerage houses they directly interface with or use with intermediary networks. NASDAQ is one of the intermediary networks, using a lot of the same protocols.

Lots of online brokerages allow various after hours trading hours, but they're all different.

Someone else posted an Investopedia link.

I can trade until 8PM Eastern Time at Fidelity (5PM Pacific Time). I see action on NASDAQ.COM and ThinkOrSwim (TDAmeritrade) starting at 1AM Pacific Time (4AM Eastern Time), I think all from Germany.

I think they are required by their own bylaws to release the ER within 3 business days of the first day of the following month. So the window is Nov 1-3, but Nov 3rd is a Sat. That leaves Nov 1st or 2nd for the Q3 ER.
No there is no bylaw and the general 3 day rule is only for deliveries and not set in stone. For example FY2017 results were Feb 7th.

Certainly that is not correct. For one thing it would be completely inappropriate to put something like that in the bylaws, and indeed there have been a number of exceptions in the past. For another, I think you're confused between the earnings report and the (voluntary commitment to) the deliveries report within three days of the end of the quarter.

Anybody not clueless abt climate change, yeah
I don't think we see her the same way. I have seen and read much of what she is doing now and it is a big alarm bell to move forward as fast as we can to fight climate change. I do hope we can find as many people from as many backgrounds as we can to do all we can. I think you should give her another look. Not that it really matters, I doubt our little discussion will be considered by anyone that matters in the decision. But check this out. Christie Whitman

I think you may be shocked out how hard she continues to fight for the environment, and that is not a popular stance in her political party.

Read it again. $358.38 was the price at 12:54 pm which was 6 min after the tweet. I have the full Excel worksheet provided by NASDAQ. If you want to get the actual facts, just go find the download button on the link I've provided.

The price in Google's chart is an instaneous price. They refresh about every 10 seconds. The NASDAQ data at the link above is the ASP for the minute listed, so Google's SP above will not equal NASDAQ's price. Go find out for yourself. Test your confirmation bias, if you dare.

But it sounds like you're not too interested in changing your narrative. Inconvenient facts and such, when the MSM already provides such a tidy narrative just waiting to move into your cranium...

Apologies - I misunderstood you. So what was the price before the tweet? $340? So we are down $90 since then?

Guys we've recouped half the day's losses in AH. I think this is significant

Just throwing this out there, (and I'm sure I'll get flamed, just because it's me - ;-) ) but it's quite possible it's being "walked down"...
Going up on thousands of shares (traded after-hours), and going down on millions of shares (regular trading during the day...

It's just another way for large holders to gracefully exit their large positions over a period of time...

And it's really interesting that the Macquarie report came out JUST after the market closed the regular session..
He certainly could have done it earlier, but it wouldn't have had the same stock price impact...
And the after-hours impact is what they were after...

I believe the author's firm, the MacQuarie Group, owns over $27 million worth of stock, so perhaps not completely an arms-length report...

konstantin sokolov on Twitter

Mod, could I have a request to add a function to skip any replies to the posts of the ignore list? iirc, somebody asked for it and now I realize the value of this great idea.
It used to be that way at one time, but TPTB decided to make it this way. Before I was a moderator. Note that Moderators have virtually no power to affect how the forum behaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.