Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 'Activist' Shorts (a.k.a. slanderous scum):

The 1st Amendment guarantees both 'Freedom of the Press' and 'Freedom of Religion'.

Freedom of the Press doesn't excuse or exempt libel by short cabals any more than freedom of religion protects the church from the criminal acts of predator priests.

Because, you know, the Constitution and stuff. Collusion is a crime, and the owners of several large media outlets are responsible for the actions of their reporters and editiors.

They may think they're big fish now, but exponential growth is a beotch, boyz.

We''ll see where they max out Fremont and how that relates to demand. If it stops out at 8k and demand is sufficient obviously for 40k$+ then by the time new factory space is spun up they'll be better off devoting all resources to the Y and it's higher margin configs, and then leaving the < 40k$ for the subcompact (5 miles \ kWh!). The Y is the main robotaxi imo. More comfortable. As soon as the LR - PUP is available I will assume I was wrong. Anyway, that's enough of that.

That's the exact scenario I see on the Bolt forum. People that have never even sat in the Model 3 are convinced the center screen is a joke. I too would enjoy the eloquent counterpoints some of the royalty here could impart on the ignorant. Hello, fact checker, intl prof, neroden, lycan, artful d, rob, krug, the whole lot of you.

I already feel like I comment more than my share.

But I really like the single center screen. It does everything anyone might need, in most cases. I have caught myself running my hands up and down my shirt to feel the buttons... but I don't rub my fingers on the dash in wistful memory. Why would anyone want buttons and switches? This is the wishful dreaming of people who have lived their whole lives pushing or pulling or flipping or twisting things, and they miss them.

For some reason, at age 74, it makes sense to me to leave some things in the past.

That would be a mixed blessing for shareholders: if it's thrown out without prejudice the SEC could re-file the suit anytime. If it's thrown out with prejudice the SEC would appeal it almost certainly - as it would probably set a precedent that severely curtails their legal toolkit. That would draw out the uncertainty for a long time.

It's also pretty hard for the judge to do anything in this case where the suit is so super young that there are almost no established facts she could rely on to make a substantial ruling in either direction.

The most likely outcome is that she ratifies the settlement tomorrow-ish.
Actually she could reject the settlement which would not operate to dismiss the suit. Instead the parties would be back at square 1. In all likelihood of she rejected the settlement she would indicate her concerns which might encourage either party to modify its position or face a trial in 2 years. I expect her to approve the settlement.

Yes: Panasonic is adding 3 new lines to the existing 10, but those new lines are much faster apparently, so cell output will increase from the current 20 GWh/year to 35 GWh/year.

This is where the three new "Grohmann machines" come in: 3x faster and 3x cheaper than the current battery module assembly lines.

35 GWh/year should be enough for 10k/week Model 3 plus plenty of Energy/Storage output.

All this combined could max out Frrmont, plus push pack level costs to around $100/kWh.

ok yes, that’s where i left off with that as well. they said by end of year. possibly early december. the speed and efficiency of the line is tbd, i hope 3x is achievable.

what are the prospects them being able to retrofit the existing lines with the same technology/capability as the new 3 being installed?

Actually she could reject the settlement which would not operate to dismiss the suit. Instead the parties would be back at square 1. In all likelihood of she rejected the settlement she would indicate her concerns which might encourage either party to modify its position or face a trial in 2 years. I expect her to approve the settlement.

Unless she is under the misconception that it's really an audition to replace Judge Judy, it's a foregone CYA conclusion.

If I can get my fat old fingers to work, i think there is a good question on whether we ever see a metal roof on the M 3. As I understand it the installation of the dash and wiring harness are expensive manual operations. The opening in the roof may add access by robots that is easily closed in afterwards by glass sheets not subject to painting.

• Informative
Reactions: dqd88
If I can get my fat old fingers to work, i think there is a good question on whether we ever see a metal roof on the M 3. As I understand it the installation of the dash and wiring harness are expensive manual operations. The opening in the roof may add access by robots that is easily closed in afterwards by glass sheets not subject to painting.
Seems as if putting the dash in would be easier through the door openings.

• Informative
Reactions: dqd88
Status
Not open for further replies.