Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe need a bot to screen new members.

They out themselves super fast.

"YEAH SO I'M STARTING TO REALLY DOUBT THIS ASSHOLE ETRON MUSH AFTER I LOST 25K I JUST WANT MY MONEY BACK SO I'M HOPING THEY DON'T GO BANKRUPT GEEZ WOW" - rando with 6 posts

or "Hello fellow teslemmings, I am an esteemed market guru and I think the Model E is a magnificent car, but I just noticed in the C3PO filing that a certain piece of nonsense technical jargon I just made up is very WORRISOME and indicates bankwuptsy possibly as soon as tomorrow. Don't get me wrong, the SS is great but it's just so sad how autopilot kills so many people" - a bird, with 2 posts

They aren't hard to spot

Does anyone know exactly what the SR will lack compared to LR (besides battery diff)?

My guess
no heated seats
no glass roof
less premium sound system
cloth seats (not sure, hard to picture it with cloth seats)
are these off? what else?

And are these all encapsulated in what people are referring to as the PUP?

Trying to understand what accounts for the price gap ($9k for battery, then $5k for PUP?)

(apologies if this is off topic/in another thread)
I bet heated seats will remain as I have yet to an EV without them.

Maybe need a bot to screen new members.

Screen Shot 2018-10-11 at 7.11.12 PM.png

Trolls won't be able to type this.

Over 60k deliveries and around 60k production.

The more interesting question is where M3 deliveries will be in Q1 2019. Looks like a slight improvement in Q4 vs Q3 because the new Pana cell lines are only due to be installed in Dec. But how close will we be to 10,000/week by 31 March? So far we've only had a vague "will hit 10k sometime in 2019". Well 2019 is bearing down on us, hopefully we get some more specific guidance in two weeks.

Reactions: dqd88 and elasalle
Still got clobbered some more after hours more so than other tech it seems. Flirted inside my danger zone of 248-252 today. Held on by a thread.

I have a knack for buying a day or two too early. Worried these sorts of crashes are often followed by a smaller one the next day. Still holding but worried.

248-252 support held yet again. Macros looking good for tomorrow. If you want to buy more, tomorrow sure does make a whole lot of sense, just saying.

If you’re short, congrats on your presumable recent earnings, but consider this my warning...

248-252 support held yet again. Macros looking good for tomorrow. If you want to buy more, tomorrow sure does make a whole lot of sense, just saying.

If you’re short, congrats on your presumable recent earnings, but consider this my warning...
Let’s stop warning shorts..... just buy and hold... at some point there will be no shares to cover

Does anyone know exactly what the SR will lack compared to LR (besides battery diff)?

My guess
no heated seats
no glass roof
less premium sound system
cloth seats (not sure, hard to picture it with cloth seats)
are these off? what else?

And are these all encapsulated in what people are referring to as the PUP?

Trying to understand what accounts for the price gap ($9k for battery, then $5k for

Model 3 manual already states that the folding mirrors, adjustable (12 way) front seats, center console and front USB ports require the PUP package. So those are some clues on the cost savings.

In addition, new PUP orders are only receiving 1 year of Internet access and it’s presumed that non-PUP won’t receive any free period or at least something less than 1 year.

Model 3 manual already states that the folding mirrors, adjustable (12 way) front seats, center console and front USB ports require the PUP package. So those are some clues on the cost savings.

In addition, new PUP orders are only receiving 1 year of Internet access and it’s presumed that non-PUP won’t receive any free period or at least something less than 1 year.
Hmmm thanks. I'm trying to decide what I'll get if I wait for the SR. If I wait until next year and then just end up getting a bunch of upgrades that take me to essentially the LR that's out now (or just decide that the LR is worth it)... well that would be a bummer (because missing out on tax incentive). Hard to compare and make a decision now without all the info

Yesterday I was traveling on an airplane. The person sit next to me is a pilot. We chatted about airplane models, autopilot, then cars. So I naturally asked him if he has tried a Tesla. He said “no, I haven’t, but A friend of mine bought a model X. He really likes it.”

Then we talked a lot about the Model 3: safety; driving fun; savings on gasoline; autopilot; self-drive; how the sensors work; battery life; miles per charge; charging speed; supercharger network; tax rebat...

In the end, he asked “I have to wait several years after I order the car, right?” Seems to me there is a large group of people really don’t know much about Tesla.

After learning all the details, he said he can’t wait to test drive. I guess he will end up buying one. Then his son, who is also a pilot, probably will also order. Hopefully they will love the cars and talk to their friends.

Last edited:
For example, a good deal of the cost is in the premium sound system, but Tesla outsources almost all of that (no Vertical integration), so the profit margin on that is smaller.

Unlike most (all?) luxury brands Tesla does not use branded sound systems for their "premium sound package."

They shop around for the best price on speakers,amps, etc and their profit margin is much higher than competing brands for similar packages.

The Tesla brand itself is strong enough to pull the money out of consumer wallets.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.