Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlike most (all?) luxury brands Tesla does not used branded sound systems for their "premium sound package."

They shop around for the best price on speakers,amps, etc and their profit margin is much higher than competing brands for similar packages.

The Tesla brand itself is strong enough to pull the money out of consumer wallets.

Nice summary. Thanks.

Also, just wanted to say I often want to give you a <3 just for your signature:

IF volatility is scary, don't buy our stock" -Elon Musk

:D

• Funny
Reactions: Fact Checking
6 days down is a pretty average duration for a correction. It usually ends with a larger sell off and at the weeks end but you never know:

Verified account
50m50 minutes ago
Stocks puking up a little more through the 200 day. Getting the fingers warm...

Seems like futures are up hard, 350 points for the DOW already. Looks like we might get the much needed reversal tomorrow. Hoping we take back the $260s and go from there (can’t believe I just said this....).

Dow futures imply a more than 350-point surge at Friday's open as stocks try to rebound from rout

DaveT - thank you for your recent notes - have been loving what you do for many years now. What percentage likelihood do you ascribe to Elon asking 100 people to start a PR machine? I give it 2% even though I am with you on it being a good idea.
We are in a negative TSLA sentiment supercycle. People want to be seen as ALWAYS right and won't stick up for Tesla if they think that there is a 20% chance that people in the office will tell them "I told you so" when TSLA drops again.
TESLA success = TSLA success
People's pride in their own cleverness is everything and that can be judged by the media's next article or TSLA movement.
Current low SP and a little positive news could be a tipping point into a positive sentiment super cycle. I mean it couldn't be much worse right now...
Those shorts have a lot to answer for!

What is PUP? (premium upgrades package?)
thanks for educating this newbie

I think it's something to do with #FrunkPuppies - which is a thing on Twitter, you know...

upload_2018-10-12_7-12-10.png

The more interesting question is where M3 deliveries will be in Q1 2019. Looks like a slight improvement in Q4 vs Q3 because the new Pana cell lines are only due to be installed in Dec. But how close will we be to 10,000/week by 31 March? So far we've only had a vague "will hit 10k sometime in 2019". Well 2019 is bearing down on us, hopefully we get some more specific guidance in two weeks.

Means December 31st 2019. Obv.

Last edited:
That would be a mixed blessing for shareholders: if it's thrown out without prejudice the SEC could re-file the suit anytime. If it's thrown out with prejudice the SEC would appeal it almost certainly - as it would probably set a precedent that severely curtails their legal toolkit. That would draw out the uncertainty for a long time.

It's also pretty hard for the judge to do anything in this case where the suit is so super young that there are almost no established facts she could rely on to make a substantial ruling in either direction.

The most likely outcome is that she ratifies the settlement tomorrow-ish.

Look at her history. This is a rock solid judge. She's not looking for trouble, like most of the rest of us. It would be nice if she took on the SEC but imo that is very unlikely and certainly so remote as not to effect investment decisions at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.