Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Down 1.8% vs 1.3% for Nasdaq

The really important news of the day is that:

#1 $250 has been proven to be a much stronger support than anticipated in a weak global market

#2 Its the 3rd day that it bounces off that level now and the 6th day of downward of Nasdaq

#3 if no larger macro or micro bad news appear an exhaust of sell pressure is to be expected

#4 Positive news is in the pipeline and uncertainty left through the backdoor already (SEC)

#5 Shorts won't be able to win much on that level and may decide to enter at higher prices again

Cannot wait for Q3 report to hit.

If any of you FUD fighters are bored, the Volvo forum thread has not improved lately. I largely fly solo over there (I've got an XC90 PHEV and a Tesla, so the frequent mischaracterizations of the relationship between the tech of each brand, Tesla's position in the marketplace, etc jump out to me and often me alone).

Someone like @Fact Checking would be quite useful in that arena... Read the whole thread if you're a glutton for punishment, or just the last several pages to get the gist.

I was wondering if AWD is a bit of a bottleneck to some extent, for example:

Yes, I believe @neroden noticed this first: their drive unit production took some time to spin up, as the ~80% AWD take rate and the resulting high demand for drive units was a happy but unexpected surprise.

The other bottleneck appears to be 2170 cell output - to be increased by more than 50% by the end of year (!).

1. 1m1 minute ago
    $TSLA short interest is $8.37 billion, 32.59 million shares shorted, 25.56% of float. #Tesla shorting\covering has been flat over the last week & just over 1 mm shares covered in October. Shorts are up $360 mm in mark-to-market profits in October, up $1.13 billion year-to-date.

DpQSf8nXUAAM72s.jpg

0 replies0 retweets0 likes

Ihor Dusaniwsky on Twitter

Does anyone know exactly what the SR will lack compared to LR (besides battery diff)?

My guess
no heated seats
no glass roof
less premium sound system
cloth seats (not sure, hard to picture it with cloth seats)
are these off? what else?

And are these all encapsulated in what people are referring to as the PUP?

Trying to understand what accounts for the price gap ($9k for battery, then $5k for PUP?)

(apologies if this is off topic/in another thread)

I'm not sure why it would be assumed that the lesser range vehicle would have different standard options, given that the other vehicles they produce are identically optioned in a given class, and differentiated solely on range...

If any of you FUD fighters are bored, the Volvo forum thread has not improved lately. I largely fly solo over there (I've got an XC90 PHEV and a Tesla, so the frequent mischaracterizations of the relationship between the tech of each brand, Tesla's position in the marketplace, etc jump out to me and often me alone).

Someone like @Fact Checking would be quite useful in that arena... Read the whole thread if you're a glutton for punishment, or just the last several pages to get the gist.

I'm confused. Why would I want to be the equivalent of one of the birds/smokey/bladers on a different forum?

For a Volvo forum, they sure seem obsessed with Tesla! Some ugly stuff in there...

I'm not sure why it would be assumed that the lesser range vehicle would have different standard options, given that the other vehicles they produce are identically optioned in a given class, and differentiated solely on range...
The idea of AWD+SR still does not make a lot of sense to me. For one I’m not sure the extra weight will give it the same 225 mi range than the RWD (and there is less of a margin in the battery to account for the different efficiency). Further, given the likely voltage/power output difference of the new battery pack is there even enough juice to power 2 motors at reasonable power?
Then, given the production constraints that are going to remain for a while, Tesla cannot afford any loss of efficiency in production. Non PUP will already add a lot of complexity, so if SR is introduced it may only be RWD with or without PUP as the only available option, at least for a while.

Has anyone else noticed that in VW's "Electrify America" George Jetson commercial the ONLY EV not represented driving away at the end is a TESLA? :rolleyes: The most popular EV being sold in the US is deliberately left out of the picture. Tell me that wasn't a poke at Tesla by VW.
Okay, that wasn't a poke at Tesla /jk :D

The reality however is that was a line-up of EVs that VW could might compete with in the medium-term. So of course, Tesla isn't there. It's far in the distance, and likely over the horizon from VWs point of view (behind that pack and stuff).

Cheers!

Depends if reducing front drive unit production directly increases rear drive unit production. How much equipment/ personnel overlap is there between the AC Induction front and PMSR rear drive units?
It could also be that changes to assembly line result in down time/loss of productivity/sales, so it'd be easier to keep one or more assembly lines as dedicated RWD.

T Rowe Price now owns 10% of Tesla. Musk plus the next 3 institutionalls now own at least 47%. I think Musk is getting ready to go private. I hope T Rowe Price will set up a fund for individual investors so that I can stay in.
OK point a bazooka at me, but I think he's a blowhard and would bring minimal value except become time man of the year again. Why on Mother Earth do we think he's pertinent here? So many other great options.
+1,+1,+1

I'm confused. Why would I want to be the equivalent of one of the birds/smokey/bladers on a different forum?

Fact-based conversation should be welcome everywhere. I'm not suggesting folks AstroTurf other forums with disingenuous propaganda.

For a Volvo forum, they sure seem obsessed with Tesla! Some ugly stuff in there...

It's rather ridiculous how blindly obsessed a few folks are with 'sharing' obvious drivel intended to make Tesla look bad.

Range (LR vs SR) and interior(PUP vs non-PUP) are not related, however, if by standard we mean "base $35k" - that is non-PUP; PUP includes premium materials, which suggests non-premium materials in non-PUP and so far nobody saw an example of non-PUP to confirm that.

• Informative
Reactions: dqd88
Zaxxon - great to see you go there and educate the Volvites. The guy who was harping that gasoline is more safe than batteries - just leave him alone. Don't argue with fools. People can't tell the difference. You have made your point eloquently.

The reason I keep trying is I believe there are folks viewing these sorts of discussions on other brands' message boards who genuinely are / would be interested in Tesla but are hit with disingenuous negative 'information' which goes unchallenged or inadequately disputed, and those folks then move on rather than look more closely.

It's certainly not the driveling fools I target my rebuttals to...

Status
Not open for further replies.