Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
maxresdefault.jpg

View attachment 343071

View attachment 343072

View attachment 343073

images

images

View attachment 343074

5ae3a720-866b-11e8-99b0-7de4d17a9c3a_1280x720_185713.jpg

View attachment 343075

maxresdefault.jpg

7720693ee21fea21e4eb04e6c0612fd1.jpg

Wow, interesting to see all of those in one place.

For the month of October, self reported configurations have totaled 18 in the Teslike spreadsheet. 2 out of those 18 are prior reservation holders, or 11% of the data set. Based on this, it seems to me like the backlog for North America LR RWD, AWD, and Performance prior reservation holders has been mostly depleted.

For reference:

September: 101 of which 36% were prior
August: 358 @ 42%
July: 477 @ 58%
June: 1684 @ 81%
May: 154 @100%

Anyone have any other explanations for this apparent trend?
It is a self-reported not statistically significant data set - and it means nothing.

Couple of examples. In the early days of MyNissanLeaf, more than 50% of Leaf owners (and waiters) were members of the forum. A little later the % became smaller & smaller - and we could no longer figure out what the larger Leaf owner group felt by looking at the MNL comments.

Even more interesting is this - there was a spreadsheet someone had prior to Model 3 bookings opening. In my area (Bellevue, WA) there were some 10 people who said they will wait in line to reserve. Believing it o be somewhat accurate, I casually went to the mall 10 minutes before the start time. The line covered half the mall and I was 600 or so in line.

So the SEC announces their NEW strategic plan today.........anyone understand what Jimbo is saying?

Maybe the SEC is puzzled why Tesla investors are livid at them for siding with Tesla anti-investors?

I think it is the SEC that needs re-education, they need to be reminded that their mission is to help investors ...

Hint: the SEC dropping the share price of one of the most innovative American companies from ~$310 to ~$250 by suing its CEO because he tried to protect shareholders took billions dollars of value from Tesla shareholders and enriched anti-shareholders with about half a billion dollars.

And the SEC had the audacity to force Tesla and its CEO into a one-sided settlement to enhance the returns of anti-shareholders by another 40 million dollars, and they are also trying to damage Tesla by unprofessionally meddling with its board of directors? Was a windfall of half a billion dollars not enough?

Is the SEC not just a Shortseller Enrichment Commission, but also a Shareholder-value Elimination Commision?

The article also contains data on average sales price... It looks like in dollar terms Tesla is probably already #1 in sales, If we assume ~$55k for model 3 and ~$104k for S/X, and use the ASP data for other manufacturers, Q3 US sales look something like this:

$4,350m Tesla
$3,946m BMW
$3,863m Lexus
$3,649m Mercedes

They didn't list Audi's ASP, but if it's around BMW's and MB's, then Q3 sales should be around $3.2 billion.

Almost 100% definitely sure it was the #1 highest grossing car in US. We published this over a month ago: Tesla Model 3 = #1 Best Selling Car In The US (In Revenue) | CleanTechnica

Word is getting around. Nearly 300,000 views on that article and CNN International asked to use one of the charts. ;)

I think Tesla did it irrespective of local/federal laws. They did it (holding reservation $$$ in escrow) because it looked better then spending it.

The Balance Sheet shows $942 million in Customer Deposits as a Current Liability but only $147 million in Restricted Cash as a Current Asset.

"We maintain certain cash balances restricted as to withdrawal or use. Our restricted cash is comprised primarily of cash as collateral for our sales to lease partners with a resale value guarantee, letters of credit, real estate leases, insurance policies, credit card borrowing facilities and certain operating leases. In addition, restricted cash includes cash received from certain fund investors that have not been released for use by us and cash held to service certain payments under various secured debt facilities. "

Read the Reservation Agreement that explicitly says the deposit is co-mingled.

Neal Boudette is looking for some DM stories about Model 3. I suggest people DM him

View attachment 343184

He's been attacking me, presumably because he didn't like being called out on CleanTechnica or criticized by Maye Musk, Bonnie Norman, and me.

Dude seems to be deep into $TSLAQ. Wouldn't know 100,000 sales from a factory parking lot.

Just a shame the New York Times publishes such stuff.

Einhorn gonna get forced out:

Greenlight Capital's (David Einhorn) Q3 2018 Letter - Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) | Seeking Alpha

Over 25% losses this year

Gm down -6.2% this week
BHF down 5.7%
MYL down 8.7..

Finished selling his only horse: AAPL

Tesla rebound will end his fund. Guaranteed.

Dude is getting crushed. FINISH HIM.

Soooooooooo tempted to write something about this.

Think would be wise to just leave it alone.

But serious question: What do you all think would happen with the broader short seller narrative and press coverage of it if this fund collapsed?

Status
Not open for further replies.