Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What makes you think the Y won't be sexy? I think it will be sexier than the m3 personally and easier to make via the lessons learned on the m3. Didn't Elon say they're going to be able to reduce the amount or wiring by like a factor of 10 or something similar at the 2nd qtr. Q&A session?

It will be the Tesla all the others will dream about killing... and that's about all they'll be able to do.

I don’t know that I’ve ever seen a sexy CUV. I expect it to be practical and have the cool characteristics of a Tesla. But sexy? It is only the Y in ‘SEXY’.

Per link below, it seems Tesla Energy removed a bunch of job postings. Completely hypothesizing here but I wonder if they ramped up job postings for energy in anticipation of big Saudi projects, but then with the recent drama put the brakes on the deal, hence removed job postings... the timing seems peculiar... but just pure speculation (no actual evidence of big Saudi deal).

From a bear on twitter (click at your own risk)

"Today $tsla removed 68% of open positions from its job board. From 2,461 to 796 available jobs. It appears that only 23 open Energy Services Jobs remain. All mention of it as business unit have been removed and headers changed. $tsla is officially in shrink mode.

7:23 AM - 12 Oct 2018 "

Nikola’s Stache on Twitter

Couldn’t this also mean that Tesla hired and fulfilled 68% of the open positions?

Per link below, it seems Tesla Energy removed a bunch of job postings. Completely hypothesizing here but I wonder if they ramped up job postings for energy in anticipation of big Saudi projects, but then with the recent drama put the brakes on the deal, hence removed job postings... the timing seems peculiar... but just pure speculation (no actual evidence of big Saudi deal).

From a bear on twitter (click at your own risk)

"Today $tsla removed 68% of open positions from its job board. From 2,461 to 796 available jobs. It appears that only 23 open Energy Services Jobs remain. All mention of it as business unit have been removed and headers changed. $tsla is officially in shrink mode.

7:23 AM - 12 Oct 2018 "

Nikola’s Stache on Twitter
Or the opposite: all product is going overseas, so nothing to support in the US.

Prediction for earnings:

AWD demand so high that it forced nearly 100% production final chunk of quarter. Drive units were the main restriction on weekly production.

Pros: high ASP and margin, drive capability proven for higher capacity of RWD vehicles next time they’re produced, and more time to focus on other issues.

Cons: lower production

Also, bonus shot of a birthday gift that’s going up in my office

Attachments

• 7BDD11A8-7DAF-4668-BEF0-64A626837C91.jpeg
    7BDD11A8-7DAF-4668-BEF0-64A626837C91.jpeg
    352.2 KB · Views: 90
any expected timeline on when this judge is gonna make her ruling? seems ridiculous that she can step in and void a settlement between two parties.

If the SEC didn't want the court involved they shouldn't have asked the court to get involved. Over you get them involved you can't just say nevermind... It is like getting married and then complaining that the government is involved in your relationship. You invited them to join in and gave them say in your life choices.

For the month of October, self reported configurations have totaled 18 in the Teslike spreadsheet. 2 out of those 18 are prior reservation holders, or 11% of the data set. Based on this, it seems to me like the backlog for North America LR RWD, AWD, and Performance prior reservation holders has been mostly depleted.

For reference:

September: 101 of which 36% were prior
August: 358 @ 42%
July: 477 @ 58% call
June: 1684 @ 81%
May: 154 @100%

Anyone have any other explanations for this apparent trend?
I ordered my 3 AWD back in June and I can't even get Tesla to return my calls let alone get a delivery date. Honestly it's been a pretty lousy experience thus far. For the sake of the company I hope they get their act together soon. Quite opposite my early 2013 Model S experience.

I ordered my 3 AWD back in June and I can't even get Tesla to return my calls let alone get a delivery date. Honestly it's been a pretty lousy experience thus far. For the sake of the company I hope they get their act together soon. Quite opposite my early 2013 Model S experience.
Meanwhile, I got a call from Tesla today asking if I'd like to test drive a model 3 awd. I politely told him he is talking to me as I was driving my model 3. He apologized, mumbling something about an old list he got and is following up on.

To be fair, he called me on a number that's not on my Tesla account.

For the month of October, self reported configurations have totaled 18 in the Teslike spreadsheet. 2 out of those 18 are prior reservation holders, or 11% of the data set. Based on this, it seems to me like the backlog for North America LR RWD, AWD, and Performance prior reservation holders has been mostly depleted.

For reference:

September: 101 of which 36% were prior
August: 358 @ 42%
July: 477 @ 58%
June: 1684 @ 81%
May: 154 @100%

Anyone have any other explanations for this apparent trend?
That people like me can't be bothered reporting?

Michael would be the third straight "M"-named hurricane to be retired, following Maria in 2017 and Matthew in 2016.

Michael's 155 mph sustained winds had the same top speed as a Performance Model 3.

But this 'contest of speed' is about ramping up production of EVs and Renewables in order to ramp down consumption of fossil fuels.

It's a deadly game, one in which Mother Nature bats last, and she's juicing. We need to up our game, and that means we need to accelerate our transition to sustainable energy.

Sea level rise + ever increasing storm surge damage is literally the tip of the iceburg for climate disasters unless we act decisively:

Watch the full webinar with Glaciologist Dr. Richard Alley (1:01:07)

Last edited:

unfortunately this has been case with a %age of folks. many haven’t had issues.
i feel your pain. but you’re going to love the car when you get it. you don’t need me to tell you this since you already have S. but still, i felt it nice to hear some reassurance from my friends when i was waiting, so there you go!

Status
Not open for further replies.