Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, now LR is $54k, but with AWD. MR RWD is $45k.

We paid $50k for LR.
I’m thinking it was an internal slang term at Tesla:
Le (THE in French) MR= LeMuR

I'm French and I didn't even get that! I think you're right...

So I now have a rare RWD LR it seems... My thoughts are SR would be limited for road-trips unless you like maxing out your charges and waiting nearly an hour.

Now they have some leeway to postpone the SR while pulling in max $ and milking the tax incentive AND maxing units out the door (panasonic as mentioned). The whole thing is just a way to make more money IMO, and may work out well for many.

Did I read something about Premium sound included, and white seats too? Nice car with the discount really, forecast should be healthy next few quarters actually. Screw the demand argument, these will sell forever. Maybe we'll see the SR in 2nd half 2019 when incentive drops to 1/4. Stocks will pop, then the usual until earnings speak... that's where forecasts will be sparkling!

• Love
Reactions: SpaceCash

So when Tesla release the 35k Model 3, the articles will read "Tesla Is Going Out Of Business! 35k Model 3 Fire Sale!"

How do you have bears on one hand calling Tesla a scam for not producing cheaper Teslas as promised, and then speculate on their motives for actually producing a cheaper car as promised? Do bears actually read the stuff they write because their thought process are pretty down syndrome...

So when Tesla release the 35k Model 3, the articles will read "Tesla Is Going Out Of Business! 35k Model 3 Fire Sale!"

How do you have bears on one hand calling Tesla a scam for not producing cheaper Teslas as promised, and then speculate on their motives for actually producing a cheaper car as promised? Do bears actually read the stuff they write because their thought process are pretty down syndrome...

That STUPID ASS argument of Tesla going out of business isn't going to fly when 200,000-300,000 Model 3s are on the road to where the whole US is going to have a 1st degree connection of someone they know that owns a Tesla.

It's too ubiquitous to FUD up that kind of market penetration.

MR does not have the same amount of cells. The battery pack is the size of LR but with cells reduced per Elon.

That's what I meant. More clearly I should have said that "They want to ship more cars using the same *total* number of cells". Yes, the ratio of cells to cars has changed. Makes sense - if Fremont have capacity for more cars and Giga can't keep up on the cell lines - why hold Fremont back. I think it's another example of small and nimble winning the day. Shorts will call it 'policy on the fly' and make it sound dire.

My twitter prediction on the lemur was black/white interior because Elon had claimed that was the best looking thing in the past and the image was black/white fur (I don't even know if that was lemur or a lori). I'm right, yeah?

I predicted elsewhere the possibility for a midrange battery as a solution to the 35k$ problem. I didn't get it exactly right on, but directionally pretty good.

Pats self on back..

Haven't decided if this is good news or not. Demand is nonlinear with price outside of early adopters so I think it depends on just how high they guide their production this quarter. If it's 55k again then this is bad, if it's much higher than it's good. Seems to me that Electrek had confirmed steady 5k pace so that's 65k+. The United States was never going to support 5k\week at 50k$+ (a piece of analysis you won't get if you have to strictly abide by a no-negativity-policy).

Elon did tweet recently that they have a long way to go yet. It makes sense to eliminate it. Funny though that they were just stressing the savings for people who purchase FSD up front. Now it's gone. It's almost like these are spur of the moment decisions going on there, which seems...a little strange at this point?
I mean the dude never lies, though. He said FSD option was causing confusion. I'm sure that's the reason for the temp pull, not SO much a kneejerk reaction.

Aka, you can't save the money anymore. Post-purchase for everyone.

It means they get less money up front, but more money down the road. Yet another sign that Tesla is very confident in their cash position in Q4.
That narrative certainly resonates with me. Of course, the one the shorts/media will be relaying is that Tesla continues to struggle trying to develop FSD to the point where they no longer even mention it as an option for their vehicles.

Reactions: SpaceCash
Elon did tweet recently that they have a long way to go yet. It makes sense to eliminate it. Funny though that they were just stressing the savings for people who purchase FSD up front. Now it's gone. It's almost like these are spur of the moment decisions going on there, which seems...a little strange at this point?
If you've been following the company for any length of time, you would know that every decision is made on the spur of the moment. That's why for example, last week for less than 24 hours the Model 3 page said "Order by October 15th to guarantee delivery before the end of the year". It was there suddenly and it was gone just as suddenly with no explanation. Pricing constantly changes too in much the same way, as does the constant return of free Supercharging and then the promise that this time is really the last time and it's really gone forever after. Okay Elon. This is only the 5th time it was the last time, maybe next time it really will be!

My expectation is that FSD definitely needs the new Tesla chip and instead of installs and a swap out they’re gonna leave it for 6 mos and resume when the new chip is ready for the line. Additionally, I think they are much closer than many think and when it is reintroduced in a completed form the price is gonna be substantially higher. Those that have prepaid till now will have received a substantial discount to what the finished product will be priced at. This will be the “payback” for,the time value of the funds prepaid.

Let’s face it, when level 4,5 is achieved and TeslaRide is inaugurated as a revenue source for the buyer, the cost of the capability should be higher. Perhaps there will also be programs where the entire car is paid for by committing to a certain number of hours in TeslaRide with varying levels for various options and configurations.

Just a thought.

Fire Away!

I mean the dude never lies, though. He said FSD option was causing confusion. I'm sure that's the reason for the temp pull, not SO much a kneejerk reaction.
Elon's definitely not lying, but how long has this been causing confusion? 2 years? And they just decide to pull it now? I think Karen is right that they decided to pull it now that they are certain that new computing HW will be necessary to accomplish it, perhaps in about 6 months. I think this makes sense, just find the delayed timing odd.

If you've been following the company for any length of time, you would know that every decision is made on the spur of the moment. That's why for example, last week for less than 24 hours the Model 3 page said "Order by October 15th to guarantee delivery before the end of the year". It was there suddenly and it was gone just as suddenly with no explanation. Pricing constantly changes too in much the same way, as does the constant return of free Supercharging and then the promise that this time is really the last time and it's really gone forever after. Okay Elon. This is only the 5th time it was the last time, maybe next time it really will be!
You're not wrong... but I feel like you're spinning it in the worst possible tone. I would call their decisions "nimble" and "exciting".
Seriously, I appreciate that they operate this way.

Last edited:
You're not wrong... but I feel like your spinning it in the worst possible tone. I would call their decisions "nimble" and "exciting".
Seriously, I appreciate that they operate this way.

While Elon is boss, I doubt all 39,999 other employees just bend over and not say anything if they don't agree with something.

Gotta be nimble.

Slow like IBM = dead.

One thing on FSD is there have been some moves to clear the legal hurdle, so maybe that old chestnut of 'this feature will depend on legal clearance' is getting even more absurd. But it's possible that was just a confusing option when the features don't exist and really just buys you the obligation for a trip to service without even knowing for what exact reason. The uptake was likely low anyway. Should have bounced that a long time ago IMO. I'll go ahead and guess they re-initiate at a higher price when the chip is ready and they have actual features. In the long-term the value of that is really high.

(edit: what Davecolene said).

How do you have bears on one hand calling Tesla a scam for not producing cheaper Teslas as promised, and then speculate on their motives for actually producing a cheaper car as promised?

It's almost... it's almost as though many bears are being disingenuous with their arguments...

their thought process are pretty down syndrome...

Foul ball, dude. Foul ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.