Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod: I just moved 23 posts to StrangeCosmos valuations out of MA .

Why don't I also move the Starlink ones? Because they don't have an obvious starting point within the last 5 pages, and I don't have the bandwidth (but have plenty of latency). So I'm relying on all y'all to take the discussions to the right place.

--ggr.

Today's Market Action so far: a nice push to above $340.

It's November 1, the first day of the new quarter fiscal year of many funds. Funds and institutional investors that might have been forced to reduce their TSLA stakes in the past few days due to investment/exposure limitations might be repurchasing TSLA shares now?

On the flip side short funds could re-short the stock as well.

Which force is stronger?

Last edited:
Funding secured effect cancelled:
Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 9.57.34 AM.png

Today's Market Action so far: a nice push to above $340.

It's November 1, the first day of the quarter. Funds and institutional investors that might have been forced to reduce their TSLA stakes in the past few days due to investment/exposure limitations might be repurchasing TSLA shares now?

On the flip side short funds could re-short the stock as well.

Which force is stronger?

Um, I think today is the 32nd day of the quarter.

I’m making a prediction that Supercharger V3 will be unveiled in 6 weeks with autonomous charging. This will be one of the advanced summon features.

Thoughts?

The last we heard, V3 was supposed to be unveiled late this year. It's supposed to be higher power than V2 (speculation has been variously 150kW and 180kW per stall, with liquid cooling). Haven't heard anything about automatic connection, although that would be interesting - and obviously essential for Tesla's long-term goals.

Um, I think today is the 32nd day of the quarter.

Yeah, I meant 'first day of the fiscal year' - I already ninja-edited that embarrassingly non-factual claim - but not fast enough. :confused:

I was referring to this post of @Curt Renz:

TSLA trading volume had been quite heavy the previous five days as the share price soared upward, then volume dried up today. That implies a lack of participation by institutions today other than hedge funds. October 31 marks the end of the fiscal year for many of them. Under the current two-day settlement rule, yesterday would have been the last day to complete their "window dressing" portfolio rebalancing. I suspect that much of today's selling was by short sellers who borrowed shares from those funds that are now loaded up with TSLA.

Today would be the first day of their new fiscal year.

The last we heard, V3 was supposed to be unveiled late this year. It's supposed to be higher power than V2 (speculation has been variously 150kW and 180kW per stall, with liquid cooling). Haven't heard anything about automatic connection, although that would be interesting - and obviously essential for Tesla's long-term goals.
When Elon initially mentioned the cross country demo, he stated one would not even have to get out of the car to charge. So I know it has been on their radar.

Reactions: Artful Dodger
Some people seem to have the misconception that Starlink routes traffic satellite-to-satellite. While the system is designed to be capable of doing this, this isn't the primary way in which it transmits data. Satellite-to-satellite transmissions of user data are used only to prevent dropouts (from various causes).

Do you have a source for this?

• Informative
Reactions: Fact Checking
Status
Not open for further replies.