Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember the following from the leaked email:

“We set high goals at Tesla, but I know we can do this,” Field wrote. “If we keep climbing from 300 through the end of the week, it will be an incredible victory. Your friends and family will hear about it in the news.”

I think we’re about to hear about it in the news ;)

I’m starting to wonder if they somehow got to 300/ day and climbed to 400/ day?

Is this US investors or customers? I think Elon is generally talking to Tesla customers, so AWD may be more important. Grohmann line update seems like it should be a sentence in the quarterly delivery report.

Customers would like update for Model X fire I think .. to ensure safety.
But news likely related to Tesla, investors and naysayers. Given that we are waiting for announcement of 1Q 18 numbers, i wouldn't imagine it would be anything other than this .. Also if this is the case and it was bad, I think update would have been made on investor relations, rather than EM giving a headsup ..

Reactions: maxhelm
I think we may not only get

1) ~2.5K produced this week

and

2) explicit statement of increased confidence of 5K end of Q2

but also

3) possibly a blog going on offense about Model 3 production quality and/or media intellectually dishonest reporting re financial health of the company (I’m feeling something like the Elon we saw in early 2013 when he did not sit quietly as The NY Times John Broder took that approach to the Model S and Tesla).

just a feeling, call me crazy, but the first two items I placed as my first ever post in the “predictions” thread of this subforum about 30 minutes before Elon’s tweet about an announcement : )

and

but also

3) possibly a blog going on offense about Model 3 production quality and/or media intellectually dishonest reporting re financial health of the company (I’m feeling something like the Elon we saw in early 2013 when he did not sit quietly as The NY Times John Broder took that approach to the Model S and Tesla).

just a feeling, call me crazy, but the first two items I placed as my first ever post in the “predictions” thread of this subforum about 30 minutes before Elon’s tweet about an announcement : )

When it comes to Tesla, there’s no fks given and no bars hold. They’re both his babies and you can bet he’ll be swinging with both arms and kicking with both legs. So no you’re not crazy. The Broder phone call just before going on TV and bashing him was as savage as it gets. Gotta love Elon for his tenacity.

Edit: btw, delivery numbers may not be in yet, but I bet they already know production number :)

Reactions: KLC13 and SteveG3

and

but also

I agree, I think there is a decent chance of all 3. You can just read this forum and count the people posting about deliveries and those complaining of issues. Some early weird issues with 12v and some sunken hoods. But hardly a peep lately. I'm also certain Tesla will address every issue aggressively and create a feedback loop with Fremont to make sure things are handled up stream. The model 3 is no model x, issues seem to be few and far between. It's important to note that close to 10,000 have been delivered to date. We would know of major issues.

It took almost a year to delivery 10,000 model X and only about 9 months for model 3. You knew without a doubt that the model X had issues with the fwd. It was well known. I think it took another 6 months to get to the point model 3 is already at. The amount of improvement from model to model bodes well for model y.

Last edited:
Reactions: SteveG3
I just want to caution others to keep their expectations in check...it would be extremely unusual for Tesla to surprise in a positive way. The last time I remember it happening was the 2014 Detroit auto show when Jerome Guillen told us about 6900 deliveries in the previous quarter. Of course, if there was such a surprise, the stock could go absolutely crazy and crush previous ATHs within weeks like it did in February 2014...but don't expect it...just be happy if we hit 2000 m3s/ week

Last edited:
I just want to caution others to keep their expectations in check...it would be extremely unusual for Tesla to surprise in a positive way. The last time I remember it happening was the 2014 Detroit auto show. Of course, if there was such a surprise, the stock could go absolutely crazy and crush previous ATHs within weeks like it did in February 2014...but don't expect it...just be happy if we hit 2000 m3s/ month

fair point.

I’m agnostic re the exact number, but, among other hints, this Elon tweet suggests heavily to me that what they hit is good enough for them to decide to go from taking verbal pistol whipping for many weeks to going on the offensive some, and they already know this.

Since we are guessing...

1) autopilot disabled on all vehicles until investigations are complete

2) news about Chinese factory

3) news about expansion at gigafactory

4) news about Oakland land parcel

5) new options for Model 3 e.g. SR or AWD

6) news about Model Y (least likely)

7) Q1 figures and perhaps guidance

Hopefully Elon wouldn't feel the need for a build up if he was going to announce autopilot being disabled.

I just want to caution others to keep their expectations in check...it would be extremely unusual for Tesla to surprise in a positive way. The last time I remember it happening was the 2014 Detroit auto show when Jerome Guillen told us about 6900 deliveries in the previous quarter. Of course, if there was such a surprise, the stock could go absolutely crazy and crush previous ATHs within weeks like it did in February 2014...but don't expect it...just be happy if we hit 2000 m3s/ week
We just need a meets expectations 2.5K/wk for it to be considered as good news ..

Since we are guessing...

1) autopilot disabled on all vehicles until investigations are complete

2) news about Chinese factory

3) news about expansion at gigafactory

4) news about Oakland land parcel

5) new options for Model 3 e.g. SR or AWD

6) news about Model Y (least likely)

7) Q1 figures and perhaps guidance
HUD?

[ducks for cover]

Screen Shot 2018-04-01 at 3.06.37 PM.png

Status