Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
By all means, please share with us your photos of the Tesla pickup which hasn't been launched yet.

Also: Uzli is apparently Uzbek for "different".

google is your friend.
so far based on what we know ..
https://electrek.co/2018/11/02/tesl...stic-cyberpunk-blade-runner-design-elon-musk/

I think Rivian looks better and more standard. Just hope Tesla doesn't go into "hubris" mode again. BTW, there is article out there that Franz visited the Rivian booth in LA too.

opricot.com calculates TSLA Max Pain for Nov 30, 2018 Options expiration at 340.0

TSLA.Max-Pain.2018-11-30.png

I think Rivian looks better and more standard

It is physically impossible for a to have any informed opinion that X looks better than Y when nobody has any clue what X looks like.

Your article contains no pictures of the pickup. It contains an old image of a Semi-based unimog that was seemingly introduced as a joke at the Semi unveiling half a year ago.

False attribution. Housing costs are the main reason for migration away from California, as documented by surveys. Nothing to do with the tax rates, which are popular.

For some reason there is a right-wing habit to use absolutely anything, related or not, as an excuse to campaign for tax cuts, and it ticks me off.

Actually, counting your chickens before they hatch (carefully! probabilistically!) is the essence of investment. Think about it.

Well, Prop 13 (tax law) is a big reason for the ridiculous housing costs in California by shrinking housing supply.

IMHO, Prop 13 is one of the largest wealth transfer schemes ever devised, from the young and poor to the old and wealthy.

Can you send a note to Elon. That pic is really from the Semi reveal ;)

Yes. Not the pickup reveal. That's a Semi-based unimog. You've apparently decided that this is what the pickup is going to look like.

Heck, why even have a reveal then? Elasalle has informed us of what the pickup is going to look like, everyone, so we should just cancel it! ;)

Reactions: humbaba
Karen now I have same frustration like you had few days ago, waiting the funds to be transferred. I was expecting them to be on time before open, but yea. guess it will be one hour later, and the price is not the same anymore by far.

Sucks, doesn't it? :Þ Just keep in mind how long we have until the Q4 report. The stock will go up and it will go down. Ride out the volatility until the time is right :) Also, if you're planning to buy options, theta decay is your friend here.

Last edited:
There are many dedicated, hard-working, honest blue collar workers out there, but what modern unions are doing is betraying these people by protecting the awful ones at their expense. I've seen bad apples spoil the whole bushel basket, and I don't want it at Tesla.
I'd only quibble that I don't consider the union locals at a GM auto factory to be a "modern" union, unless "modern" means 1920s-1950s like it does in art history. I will reserve my thoughts on modern (organized in the 1990s and post-1990s) unions for another thread.

It is physically impossible for a to have any informed opinion that X looks better than Y when nobody has any clue what X looks like.
Are you sure? Here's a "Y" for you:
Sbarro-Autobau.jpg

I hope Dodger's "Disagree" wuz cuz it's way Off Topic. Otherwise...I fear there's no hope for ya, man.

Last edited:
Since it is a public forum I would say some including myself enjoy most posts here. Even the wild off topic usually have some merit.

If one only wants dry investment advice them maybe look elsewhere.

When the thread gets too burdened by noise it has a way of self healing.

Be careful what you wish for.

I am as guilty as the next one here when it comes to OT posts.

But for those members who contribute with genuinely useful and on-topic information, their OT posts help the rest of us to get a feel for what kind of person is behind those posts, which makes it easier to assign some level of trust to those posts and to the person behind them.

This is somewhat similar to real-life, you tend to pay more attention to opinions from people you already have some knowledge about.

So although this thread is tough to keep up with, I think it is working pretty well.

Looks like TSLA is following NASDAQ, but ahead by 0.5%.
Ahead by 1.25% now. As mysteriously as this week's previous general weakness vs NASDAQ.

I wish Tesla had announced there treatment of Q1 notes before the market open today.

Seriously, let us try to limit discussions here to what is affecting the Market in the short term. The other thread is for the long term.

Good to know that you won't be buying a nonexistent Semi-based unimog concept drawing.

time to move on.
But if it is not Tesla's intent to build it, they should not display it. Also this was before Elon said something about it being blade runneresque. Let's just hope it's not "HUBRIS" mode .. (he doesn't even care if anyone will buy it)

Pickups are not for me. ~ cheers

You think the federal EV tax credit structure will remain unchanged one year from now? I'll take that bet. ;)

Almost nobody in the US government likes the current EV credit system. Conservatives want to remove it and liberals want to renew / reform it, but almost nobody is happy with a system that uses federal money to reward foreign competitors at the expense of US manufacturers (Tesla, GM).

At the risk of going *wildly* off topic (sorry, mods), I did come up with a scenario...
-- Remember, Kalashnikov showed off a Russian electric car.
The Russian maker of the AK-47 built a Soviet-style electric car it says can rival Tesla
-- Remember, Trump may be an agent of the Russian government.
What If Trump Has Been a Russian Asset Since 1987?
-- Would Trump, therefore, want a system which used federal money to reward Russian competitors at the expense of US manufacturers? Maybe he would.

OK, I don't seriously believe this, but it's *possible*. ;)

So although this thread is tough to keep up with, I think it is working pretty well.
So I'm here right now looking for a reason that TSLA just popped to 346.26 but all I'm getting is pictures of trucks, supercars, apologies for off-topic posts, and justification why that *sugar* doesn't need to be posted in General Discussion where it clearly belongs.

Status
Not open for further replies.